What ya all eating ?

Options
Hello Ladies

I've invited you to the group - for whoever been using a ketone monitor, perhaps your daily readings would be nice too

:)
Tan7Blue (Tanya Botha on Facebook)

Replies

• tan7blue
    Options
    Can anyone see my food and notes for today ? i changed my settings to show to "friends" or should it be public ?

also in my notes will be my keytone readings. Also im doing Intermittent fasting (18/6 ) so i only eat lunch at 3 and finish dinner/snack by 9pm.

My readings are done early morning (6 30am) when i wake up - only once a day
  • SneakyWaff1es
    SneakyWaff1es Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I can't see your logs. I just started a CKD last week! Woohoo!
  • josieblue416
    josieblue416 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I put myself on this diet and I didn't even know it was called a ketogenic diet until a couple months in...lol. Anyway, it totally worked for me. :D Still have 10 lbs to go, I've already lost 30.
  • Heliconia
    Heliconia Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    tan7blue - I have a question. I don't eat between 9 at night and maybe 2 in the afternoon. But I do have coffee with 1/4 c of milk in the am at around 7 or 8. Does this milk undo my fast? I can't give up my morning coffee and have tried leaving the milk out and it's just not possible. Thanks.

Melanie
  • Heliconia
    Options
    tan7blue I can't read your food diary but all you fellow low carbers are welcome to read mine.

I eat a lot of avocado. Usually half per day. I also make a fat bomb containing coconut oil so get a lot of that in my diet. Eggs quite often, chicken of course. Nothing special. In fact I am eating quite restrictive. My husband is away and won't be back for another three weeks so right now I can eat when I want and what I want. I worry what will happen to my diet when he returns and I will be eating regular meals with him. Especially since I like to slip breakfast and eat lunch around 2 or 3. Any advice?

Melanie
  • Heliconia
    Options
    Sorry- I meant to say "skip" breakfast.
  • thepaddlegal
    Options
    I'm eating meatloaf (2g) and potatoes from crock pot (1g). Been doing a modified keto (no fiber due to colon probs) and have lost 27lbs. AND was diagnosed yesterday as NO LONGER HAVING TYPE II DIABETES!

I need to lose 25 more lbs. to have a normal BMI.

Lord I love Keto! I never feel hungry! I have to make myself eat a couple of meals a day. Keto really works!

Loving this website too. It has helped me a lot!
  • pftdarlene
    pftdarlene Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes, it breaks the fast. Fasting is zero calories.
  • pftdarlene
    Options
    thepaddlegal: Congratulations!!! Way to go!! You are on the right path! Keep going!
  • pftdarlene
    Options
    I started a RKD (restricted ketogenic diet for cancer) three and a half weeks ago. My foods are restricted.
    No soy
    No dairy
    No pork
    No red meat
    No sugar (except naturally occurring in veggies)
    No fruit
    All organic food and wild caught seafood (caught in the US only)
    Approx net carbs should be under 12.

This was prescribed by my doctor to see if the tumor will shrink. I just switched to this from doing the Gerson Therapy for a year.
    I changed the settings on my diary for everyone to see.
  • tan7blue
    Options
    Hey Melanie

Ive read that anything over 50calories is breaking that fast - so is bullet proof coffee ect. Then i read but it depends on what people want out of the fast ? I also love my coffee and decided to have a cup in the morning with a teaspoon of cream (still extremely black but breaks the taste a bit) takes getting used to. So even that probably breaks my fast but i decided that somedays i would break it with that and some days i would leave it. But i found my ketone readings were better since fasting - are you finding the same ?
  • tan7blue
    Options
    ive changed to public - hope its visible now ?
  • SneakyWaff1es
    Options
    Yup I can see it. Carb load today - my favorite day of the week!
  • Heliconia
    Options
    tan7blue. Hi there. Umm.. I live in Costa Rica outside a a small resort coastal town. I can not buy ketone sticks here, or bullet coffee, or kale, romaine or spinach or a list of other things available to you. What they do have here is wonderful tropical fruit. Very fresh, very cheap etc. But I can not eat any of it! Right now even fruit is out for me! Maybe a little later after I get some of this weight off.

I am just trying to eat as low carb as I can. Trying to up my fat intake and stay under 1200 calories. But I am happy with my results so far and can't wait for future successes.

Melanie
  • tan7blue
    Options
    Hi guys

What's your thoughts on coconut milk? Does it effect your ketosis readings?
  • SneakyWaff1es
    Options
    Doesn't affect mine, I used to use it quite a bit. That actually sounds good, maybe I'll go get some and make some curry when I'm done with this meatza.