small changes weekly equal BIG change

Options
lmcross
lmcross Posts: 4 Member
As I look back at my diary from yesterday and today, I started to feel badly about my decisions. My brother's 30th birthday party was yesterday and I ate from the fruit and veggie tray with no dips or dressings, I ate some turkey breast plain, and indulged in 3 bites of my daughter's half eaten ice cream cake, and a small portion of taco salad. I also had some beers and shots with family and friends and while I started to beat myself up for my choices, I started thinking that it could have been WAY worse!!! I'm proud that I didn't indulge in more...let me describe to you the temptation! TONS of heavy fattening party food....baked ziti smothered in cheese, eggplant parmesan which is my absolute FAVE, potato salad, macaroni salad, homemade macaroni and cheese, taco salad made with Doritos, chocolate chip cookies, Cheetos, Fritos, chocolate covered cherry cream cheese ball, crackers, pita chips, heavy steak and cheese dips, fruit with cream cheese dip, peanut butter balls covered in chocolate, ice cream cake, cupcakes, Glory's bakery rolls, turkey and not to mention the variety of alcohol! Before the party I stopped and bought some Miller 64 calorie beers and my fabulous team captain text me at the end of the night to remind me not to overeat before bed. I chose a few chips and salsa before bed and am proud of my choice. I have to say that my most weak moment always comes the day after the alcohol not during the parties. Today wasn't the greatest of choices. I did get 4 workouts in this week. Not all of them were 45 minutes or more, but I made the time despite the crying fits my kids had or when they stopped me a few times during my workout I still returned to it and fit it in!!! I hope tomorrow the scale shows my hard work for the week. Each week I feel better, I feel energized, I feel better in my clothes, and I feel happier. I remind myself that feeling good is more important than looking good, but when you feel good I think it makes for healthier skin and a happier person and people always look better when they have a smile on their face : ) So I'm ready to tackle another 7 days!!!!

Replies

• hep26000
    hep26000 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You did a great job and are absolutely right about the things you didn't eat that you could have. Amazing!
    Keep up the good work!