Options
Just seeking buddies who can relate to being banded

Replies

• lhammond5
    lhammond5 Posts: 11
    Options
    Just seeking buddies who can relate to being banded

Is it Bertrece?

I will be banded next week, and rockchick the week after, I think. We should all support each other. ALSO: My husband was banded a year ago, and has lost 110 lbs. He loves to help others through this. He is also just generally a kind and wise guy, so if you need to talk, or ask a question, just let me know, and I will connect you.

Blessings,
    Loring
  • msbertreece
    Options
    Thanks a million!!! I wish you the very best on your upcoming life change. I am just starting to feel a little like myself. I accidentally hit decline instead of accept. So sorry but I would definitely like to stay in touch.
  • lhammond5
    lhammond5 Posts: 11
    Options
    Banded yesterday. Feeling rough today, but positive. Can't believe I actually did it. I was second guessing up to the last minute, but never told anyone. The preop nurse said something about just making it with my BMI weight and height. This is why I don't want to tell anyone. Most think I should "just try harder", I think. Yeah, I think that too. I told my husband that this feels like a last resort after failure. This represents failure to me. I need some work on my emotions, I guess.

So, overall, not fun but not too terrible.

Remember the saying "This is the first day of he rest of your life"? I really feel that way.

Blessings all.
  • jennihiggins
    Options
    I was banded 5 days ago. I am trying so hard to keep my protein intake up but I am scared to overdo it. Today I am focusing on vitamins, increase water intake and increase protein intake
  • Kansascitysue
    Kansascitysue Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Susan ... Nice to meet you!

I was banded on 12-30-12. No regrets. Contrary to popular belief, the lapband is NOT the easy way out! It is a lot of work. I have been up and down - just like any other diet - due to knee surgery and quitting smoking. But! I believe that I have finaly found my "sweet spot" or "green zone" as they call it in Europe.

If you aren't familiar with that, it is where you can eat a much smaller portion, feel full and/or satisfied, stop eating and don't get hungry for about 3-4 hours. That also includes no discomfort, feeling nautious and/or throwing up what you just ate.

Honestly before I started using My Fitness Pal, I had no clue how much I was actually eating - which could have played a BIG part of such small numbers coming off the scale!! I also use a Fitbit - which is a digital pedometer that counts steps, stairs and can monitor how much you sleep (or don't). Both Fitness Pal and Fitbit can sync up - which is pretty awesome!

I would love to "band together" as a support group and am more than happy to answer any questions. Just remember: patience plays a big role with the lap band! You might be able to eat salad, cottage cheese and eggs this week ... and not next week. Just take it slow, chew everything to smithereens and pay attention to how you feel as you eat.

Good luck everyone!
  • KaraDenese
    Options
    Hi Everyone, i'm Kara and I will be banded very soon now Just waiting on the Phone call from the Hospital in Kansas city to call.
    I'm excited yet I am getting a little scared at the same time, and yes even second guessing myself if this is right for me.
    Just wanted to jump in and say Hi to everyone.:smile: