• gemma1675
    gemma1675 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Gemma
    Age 40
    5' 4"
    Currently 173lbs - but weighing in tomorrow
    Losing 20lbs sounds good to me as it will take me to the weight I was when I got married.

I lost tons of weight and kept it off for years but it's started to creep back on since having my child. It's a slippery slope for me so time to turn it around now.
  • stefmck77
    Options
    Name-Stef
    Age-25
    Height-5"4'
    Current weight-171lbs
    Goal weight-145lbs by July

Reasons why you want to lose weight- Mostly vain reasons, want to look better and not feel like a fat mess beside almost everyone I know. Had lost 15lbs last year before I moved country for a job and gained it all back and more. I also want to up my exercise regime as I have recently quit smoking and would like to be generally healthier.

Reasons why you don't want to stay the weight you are now - I look terrible in pictures, can't wear nice clothes without looking lumpy and bumpy, I want to look good for my boyfriend, hate being the fattest member of whole family and generally feeling like *kitten* all the time. I have terrible problems with sleep, developed psoriasis and self esteem issues which have contributed to my weight gain over the past few months. Honestly I want my confidence back and I cannot see that happening at this weight.
  • AlexM1129
    AlexM1129 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Name: Alex
    Height: 5'5
    Your current weight: 136
    Your goal weight: 120ish
    Reasons why you want to lose weight: To be more confident and be able to rock my bikini this summer!
    Reasons why you don't want to stay the weight you are now: I know that if I don't take action now I will just keep putting it off, and I want to be the best, healthiest version of myself that I can be
  • Yvesigg
    Yvesigg Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Name: Yve
    Height: nearly 5:4
    Your current weight: 130
    Your goal weight: 118
    Reasons why you want to lose weight: I am the heaviest I have ever been. I want to feel nice in my clothes again
    Reasons why you don't want to stay the weight you are now: it's harder to lose weight the older you get. I want to be able to go to my wardrobe and pick out something I feel great in. Just now nothing fits.
  • Valerie2138
    Valerie2138 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting this group:

Name: Carrie
    Height: 5'4"
    Your current weight 136-138 lbs

Your goal weight: 128-132 lbs.

Reasons why you want to lose weight: I've gained weight with a promotion at work and added stress. It makes me feel badly about the way my body looks and also the way my clothes fit. I want to be slimmer in the tummy, but I don't care as much about the number on the scale.

Reasons why you don't want to stay the weight you are now: I don't like the way my clothes fit. Some of my clothes have become tight. I feel more confident when I'm about 5-10 pounds lighter. It would help my overall happiness, well-being and health.
  • bellewis
    bellewis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Name: Renee
    Age 42
    Height5'5"
    current 138
    goal 126

I am an emotional eater and a rollercoaster with my weight. I fluctuate a lot within about 15 pounds and I am so tired of never having anything to wear that looks decent. I would love to wear shorts this summer and not be self conscious.

I feel so much better in the 120's both mentally and physically. I really need to move more. I am lazy ..
  • chanceyb33
    chanceyb33 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Chancey
    Age36
    CW- 152
    GW- 138ish. I really just want to wear size 8 or smaller not trying to focus on scale so much.
    I have been up and down on scale 10-20 lbs since my kids were born, youngest is 5. I am over it! I have learned to love running and have my 1st 10k in May :) I have always felt I can't watch calories AND workout well I CAN and will this year! Feeling motivated!

Want to feel comfortable in my own skin

Love the support of MFP- always looking for positive friends :)
  • skyfall91
    Options
    Name ; Inge (sounds like Ing-ah love when people get it right first time lol )
    Age ; 22
    CW ; 152
    GW ; 130
    Height ; 5'5
    I want to finally fit into the nice clothes I have put aside and to look slim and nice in anything I wear
    I went up to 180lbs after my second son was born and recently went to 138lbs then gained from october -february back up to 152lbs. I need to stop eating silly things I dont need and stop the emotional eating. Im back to a 1pm-8pm eating schedule with intermittent fasting as it was how I lost weight the first time and it works to stop me over eating. I always find I eat more the earlier I eat so this works perfectly for me. My goal is to wear a beautiful summer dress this summer and be confident!
  • frida001
    frida001 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Name : Nora
    Height : 5'5''
    Your current weight 142.5
    Your goal weight 120 ish
    Reasons why you want to lose weight : Health and confidence
    Reasons why you don't want to stay the weight you are now : I really have a small frame (I was 108 lb when I got married) and the extra weight really wears me down. I really feel it in my knees and back. I need to lose weight in my chest too (DD's) :blushing: It would be nice to wear anything I wanted and look good in it.

Please friend me!
  • lameangel
    lameangel Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Name: Jessica
    Height: 5'6"
    Your current weight: 162
    Your goal weight : 138
    Reasons why you want to lose weight: Can't fit into most of my wardrobe anymore!
  • acarrillo2012
    acarrillo2012 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Name: Annabelle
    Height: 5'6''
    Current weight: 158
    Goal weight: 145 by summer, 135 ultimately
    Reasons to lose: Want to lose the rest of my baby weight and fit into a size 10 which is what most of my clothes are. Ultimately I would like to get back to 135 which is what I weighed in my 20's, but my first goal is to get back to the weight I was before having 2 kids.
    Reasons I don't want to stay current weight: I feel heavy and sluggish, it is lowering my confidence and energy. I think if I got back to a healthier weight it would boost my mood and self image.
  • robinsegg12
    Options
    Name: Jaime

Height: 5'4

Your current weight: 168

Your goal weight: 148

Reasons why you want to lose weight: I want to feel comfortable in my own skin again.

Reasons why you don't want to stay the weight you are now:I gained a lot of weight due to depression and medication this year and it was really disappointing. In 2011 I lost about 25 lbs going from 170lbs-145lbs on Weight Watchers. I'm really upset with myself for gaining it back, but I'm ready now to try my hardest.
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Tesha
    5'6" (barely made this thread lol)
    199 (to FINALLY be back in the 100's!!)
    Tired of being fat..
    Tired of being fat..
  • hnyzthms
    hnyzthms Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Name: Zoe
    Height: 5"4
    CW: 155.8
    GW: 140 by 12 July have a family wedding :-)
    Reasons to lose: want to get back down to a size and fit back into my favourite jeans that I refuse to throw away
    Reasons I don't want to stay current weight: hate my clothes feeling tight, my knees play up more when exercising. And hate my back fat x
  • keeptehpeace
    keeptehpeace Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Name: Natalie
    Height: 5'3.5
    Your current weight: 127lbs
    Your goal weight: 115lbs
    Reasons why you want to lose weight
    I want to have thinner thighs, and I love the changes I've seen in my body, but mostly I need to focus on eating better things - I'm considering rebecoming a vegetarian, however I want to this time focus on more foods that are not just "meatlike", such as Quorn, and have bean burgers and vegetables constitute more of my diet
    Reasons why you don't want to stay the weight you are now:
    I have pale flabby thighs :sad: they're getting better with squats and as I lose weight, but i looked in the mirror earlier today and I just hated them so much
  • Samby_v1
    Samby_v1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Name: Sam
    Height: 5' 4"
    Your current weight: 135
    Your goal weight: 115
    Reasons why you want to lose weight: It's not just the weight, I'd like to build muscle too, so my goal weight might change if I'm happy with progress. I'm wasting my time b****ing about the beer belly - it's time to do something about it so I can stop hiding in baggy clothes. I was starting to show builder's bum and I will not be consigned to high waist jeans and empire lines for the rest of my life!!!
    Reasons why you don't want to stay the weight you are now: I'm an actor, and by industry standards I'm pretty much obese. All that's open to me as someone who looks early to mid-twenties (the most competitive age for women) is 'fat best friend' roles. I love food too much to develop an eating disorder and I'd love to have some muscle on me and not just be 'skinny fat' like a lot of the more successful actor ladies. I'd like to be fitter - in fact I'd like to be awesome - so I can keep up with my much more active partner, who at 45, puts me to shame! I'm curious to see what I'll look and feel like once I get buns of steel.
  • cmdoiy
    cmdoiy Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Name: Caroline
    Height: 5'6"
    Starting weight: 220
    Current weight: 198
    Goal Weight: 178 by summer; 154 ultimately
    Reasons to lose: I had been doing so well and had gotten down to 184, but then I reverted back to bad old habits, and I've been having a hard time since. I want to prove to myself that I can become a fit, healthy person. I'm the fittest that I've ever been, but my diet is really interfering with my weight loss. I want to be able to feel more confident in my body, and I want to wear cute clothes.
    Reasons not to stay at this weight: I feel tired all the time, and I don't like feeling out of control. My clothes are starting to feel tight again, too.
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Name: Lisa
    Your current weight: 175
    Your goal weight: 140
    Reasons why you want to lose weight: Look better, feel better, be healthier, live longer!
    Reasons why you don't want to stay the weight you are now: Being fat is no fun!

I signed up with 40 pounds to lose total, and have lost five pounds already, in only two weeks! I would love to lose another 20 by summer. If I can do that then I won't be quite to my goal yet, but I'll be close!
  • tadeuszromanow
    Options
    Hi! I'm Anna
    164 cm
    My current weight is 75.2 kg, but I have already lost 7 kg. Although it took me a whole year.
    I would love to weight 60 kg, but the current goal is 70. But the more the better!
    I just want to be more confident, healthier and have more control over my life. Want to lead an active lifestyle. And changing my eating habits and my fitness routines seem like a good start.
    Ah, my friends also invited me on a bike trip in August. So I want to be able to do it with them!
  • Solar07
    Solar07 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Name: Dawn
    Your current weight: 164
    Your goal weight: 145
    Reasons why you want to lose weight:
    1. Get healthy
    2. Look better
    3. Wear smaller clothes
    Reasons why you don't want to stay the weight you are now:
    1. Hate the way I look
    2. Hate the way I feel
    3. Hate being and feeling this way.

I was down to 143lbs this past summer but I was sick. I liked how my clothes fit but not how pale I looked. It was too fast a weight loss and it all came back on once I was feeling better. Now I want to do it right and keep it off.