Motivation

Options
What motivates you?

Replies

• cdgirl
    cdgirl Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Right now it's knowing that I am super close to my goal.I am anxious to get there so I keep pushing through(even on rough days) to get my exercise in.Also I have a bunch of inspirational sayings hanging on my bedroom wall that I like to read now and then to help me get refocused.
  • Stacy_of_Oregon
    Stacy_of_Oregon Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what motivates me. I have reasons for wanting to lose weight, but they don't necessarily motivate me to try harder.
  • Jesusfan54
    Options
    Well reading post that other women write and just knowing I am not alone in this struggle and that other Christians can relate to me, this is what motivates me . I am gonna find the Daniel book but I bought the proverbs 31 woman awhile back and I believe she talked about it in there also!
  • Hello Ladies and gents... What motivates me? I think knowing this is a battle that is important to God. He never closes the door without opening the window. A problem for me over the last 100 lbs lost is sometimes I get stuck looking around the room or wondering why the door closed to see the window. I am here in the room wondering why? what's it going to take? If not now when? I have got to stop that and trust in the Lord with all my heart. Where the spirit of the Lord is there is freedom.
  • tiffnkailey
    tiffnkailey Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    What motivates me? My #1 motivator is my daughter. She is 10, and the most amazing miracle in my life.

My #2 motivator would be God. As soon as I think, hey I got to where God wants me, I can chill now, nope God has more plans for me. I really feel like an onion, always another layer, God wants to heal or deal with.

My #3 motivator...shhhhh this is kinda silly and maybe a little shallow. I go to a huge church, and about 75% of the single men there my age, are in amazing great, healthy shape. So I tend to be motivated that if I want a attractive, healthy, Godly guy with muscles, then I need to be that attractive, healthy, Godly girl. :)
  • cdgirl
    cdgirl Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    #3 is not silly at all! I think it's cute:wink:
  • tiffnkailey
    tiffnkailey Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    lol thanks.
  • Tamarawalkingingrace
    Options
    @tiinkailey Been there Love this
  • jkner4
    jkner4 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am motivated by:
    1. My kids and keeping up with them,
    2. Avoiding Type 2 diabetes (it runs in my family & I had gestational diabetes, so I'm at really high risk)
    3. Being the best person that God made me to be.