7 Months...HELP!!!

Options
I had my VGS on 7/2/14 and have sine lost around 120 pound...I started out at 378 pounds and am now down to about 259; however I am starting to get worried about the amount of food I can eat....today for example:

2 dannon fit and light yogurts
25 cheese cubes
K Brand Cereal Bar(2)
2 cups of fruit

When i write it out it dont seem like that much food; however while eating it seems like a ton.....I am just trying to gage how others eating habits are at 7 months out..... and any recommendations you all have for the craving of food! like what kind of snacks do you all eat?

THANKS!!!!

Replies

• DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Zackary = are you using shakes to support protein intake? Are you using MFP to log in foods? This really seems like a small amount of food with a lot of cheese cubes at 7 months. I don't see meat, fish or veggtables of any kind. If this is your entire diet I would reccomend you sit with your surgeon and nutritionist. My post surgery eating plan introduced fish and chicken at 1 month.
  • zackarywelch
    Options
    That was just an example of what I ate that day...I typically try and introduce some type of protein throughout the day, most of nights that is either a filet of salmon, talipia and/or part of a chicken breast. In my mind I am eating too much, but I think that is because I am still thinking that I should be eating as I was during my first month, but I really know that isn't true.
  • Ksh1055
    Ksh1055 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I plan to continue eating 4 or 5 small meals a day, with protein first for the rest of my life. I may slip up, but I have found that using Fitness Pal keeps me accountable, particularly if you open it for 'friends' to see. It's also only as useful as the information put in so I put down the facts. I know in the future there will be days I don't do so well, and that's okay as long as I get myself back on track the next day.

I also will always have some type of high protein shake (have Whey Isolate Elite that has 36 g) and tastes delicious. Plus, I have found that the foods I normally eat are high in protein, so I feel good about that.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    My food diary is open so feel free to lurk. If you are logging your food you can check your reports and see how your protein intake was over last 90 days. I take these reports to my nutritionist. I print out calories, protein and carbs.
  • escapepod
    escapepod Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    At 7 months, I'd say how much you're able to eat will vary considerably depending on WHAT you're eating. Soft foods like yogurt and fruit won't fill you up as quickly as dense protein. With cheese, it depends on the kind of cheese, but that's not exactly dense protein. Same with protein bars - depends on the brand, but many of them are too high in sugar and carbs. Even the ones with good stats won't fill me up and keep me satisfied like a couple of hard boiled eggs, or 3 oz of chicken breast.
    I try not to snack if I can help it - I got back out of the habit earlier this year, and I find if I'm busy I don't really get hungry - the urge to snack for me is generally a result of stress or boredom. I'm trying to drink more water and herbal tea, and if I must snack I'm better off with veggies, or veggies with a bit of protein.
    That's just my two cents. I'm very prone to getting sucked into eating too many sweets / carbs, so I keep a pretty tight rein on snacking - it makes my life easier and reduces cravings.
  • reneemosley
    reneemosley Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I agree with escape. Depends on what your eating. In general I stick to about .75 a cup of dense protein and veggie. Processed food for me slide right through. Carbs only make me want more. At 7 months you definitely can eat a bit more but not much.