I am new to this group...

Options
Good Afternoon everyone,

I am looking forward to being part of your group on our weight loss journey. My name is Sharmelle but you may call me Shar though. I am a 37 years old who is looking for support and encouragement. I am struggling to keep and get my weight down right now. I have gain ten pounds in three or six months. I am trying to lose eighty nine more pounds but it is a struggle right now. I do see a dietitian every so often due to I am a diabetic and that is one of the offers that my diabetes nurse gives me to do before my next appointment with her and I always do it to receive some help there too. I'd love to make some new friend from here too.

I do not have Internet at my home right now so I cannot be here every day like I use to, But I will check in when I can ok. But when I am spending time with family I have Internet access and I will be here. But just to let you know I will have the Internet until April or May 2014 for personal reasons, so I will be here as much as I can until than ok.

God's Blessings, Sharmelle

Replies

• kimmieb2u
    kimmieb2u Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello Shar,

This is actually a fairly new group so you're coming in at a good time! I'm Kim, late 40s and have lost 27 lbs so far! I hope that you get the help you need with diabetes since it is a terrible disease, but with God all things are possible. He will not only give you help in losing weight but will give you encouragement through others here on MFP groups.

Gotta go. I hope to talk with you again soon!

Kim
  • LauraElizabeth1982
    Options
    Hi Shar Welcome to the group ;0)

I have struggled with my weight since i was 11 and have went up and down trough the years.

But I know with God I can do all things, Yes it is a long hard journey but I know it well be so worth it once we reach our goal weights.

Sincerely Laura
  • SharmelleOlson
    SharmelleOlson Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hello Shar,

This is actually a fairly new group so you're coming in at a good time! I'm Kim, late 40s and have lost 27 lbs so far! I hope that you get the help you need with diabetes since it is a terrible disease, but with God all things are possible. He will not only give you help in losing weight but will give you encouragement through others here on MFP groups.

Gotta go. I hope to talk with you again soon!

Kim

Good Morning Kim,

Sorry I did not get to this sooner, I had appointments all week and it was my Rob's Birthday yesterday so I was not on much yesterday.

Thank you for the warm welcome! I am glad you are a new group because we can start out fresh here.

Yes, I go to Diabetes Class ever three to six months and I see a Dietitian as often as I can for my diabetes.I control my diabetes by my diet right now which is working really well for me right now.

Thank you for your kind words!

I hope to talk with you again soon.

• SharmelleOlson
    SharmelleOlson Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi Shar Welcome to the group ;0)

I have struggled with my weight since i was 11 and have went up and down trough the years.

But I know with God I can do all things, Yes it is a long hard journey but I know it well be so worth it once we reach our goal weights.

Sincerely Laura

Good Morning, Laura,

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I am sorry to hear about you weight problem since 11. I am here to help support and encourage you. With God's Love all things are Possible. God is there for each and everyone of us through this journey so do not give up.

I hope to talk to you again soon!

• TBrownCVT
    TBrownCVT Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm new too. Weight has never been a big problem for me, but if I don't watch what I eat, I end up with health problems. Before I started to learn about nutrition, I would have to be on antibiotics for severe respiratory infections 2-3 times a year and still be coughing all the time. Plus I always needed antacids to control my stomach issues. These days, I get to use my vacation time for actual vacations. I'm almost never sick unless I cheat, and I feel it right away when I do. Praise God for his healing and all the wonderful foods he gave us from the start.
  • Coach_Jan
    Coach_Jan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jan. I'm a fitness professional and precision nutrition level 1 certified coach with more than 14 years of training experience. I've dedicated my life to Christ at the age of 27 and after my baptism the Holy Spirit led me into a season of refinement to prepare me for an online health and fitness ministry called "Bodybuilding for Christ". It's AMAZING!!!

I hope to share this platform and tool with other brothers and sisters in Christ as a gift to strengthen them against the deception of our economic world and empower them to take action for their health and the health of their family through physical training and nutrition.

Oh, and I live in the most beautiful city in the world, Cape Town, South Africa. If you have any questions please feel free to message me here. You can also follow my page on Instagram @bodybuilding_for_christ <3