S1: Supply Runs

Options
Vaugirard15
Vaugirard15 Posts: 111 Member
Can anybody tell me how these Supply runs work? I did S1:S1 but it doesn't appear to have any sort of story line or goal-- or have I not gone far enough? Ran 4 km today but the mission seems to have had some other km logged in there (had a total of 18 km for some reason). It was pretty boring so I don't know whether to go on to S1:S2 or continue S1:S1 until I reach some sort of "end" point. Any advice appreciated!

Replies

• donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    There's no end point, really :)
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I am trying to think back & I don’t really recall the first episode besides crash landing, etc. It does start off a bit slow, but the story does continue on, the end is really something & then you move on to Season 2. Currently I am on season 2 episode 23, the stories are entertaining & all are leading up to the finale. I am not sure if I really answered your question though & for that I am sorry.
  • Vaugirard15
    Vaugirard15 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thanks, donyellemoniq. I'll just have to decide whether I really want to do the supply runs or not-- maybe save for days when I mostly just want the music. asp415: I agree-- the story lines are great and really motivating. Truly enjoyed Season 1 and Season 1 Radio Mode but the Season 1 Supply Missions aren't that compelling.
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize that there were different components like radio mode and supply runs separate from the episodes. I only go into radio mode after I finish the episode and am still wanting to continue running.
  • Fiveling
    Fiveling Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure you just run the supple runs when you need extra stuff to build up your base. I've never run them, as my phone can't really handle the base, so I can't comment in the way of story, but if they're anything like the Radio Mode then there won't be much story just tidbits and background to flesh out characters.
  • krazeedr
    krazeedr Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It's been a while since I ran a supply run seeing as I don't think they help in the S2 format. They only give supplies, no building materials. I seem to recall liking them a lot. The whole point was just for supplies. There was a story but it was an open ended one that really just commented on what you were running for. I seem to recall the food run had most of the characters jumping in to talk about their favorite foods or snacks. Entertainment supplies had us looking for a Dungeons and Dragons- like game if memory serves. They were fun but endless and there wasn't really any story - just enough to keep the run moving forward. I ran them a lot between S1 ending (for me and my walking schedule) and S2 starting. I also run them in the background sometimes when I'm on a very long walk. My husband and I once (actually twice) walked 10k all around the Baltimore Inner Harbor. I wanted to track the walk - route and distance - so I ran a supply run while we did it (with the sound turned off.) It gathered some supplies for me just on account of because but it also allowed me to show him and my family how far we'd gone, places we'd seen, etc. I only really use them for that now. Hope that helps.