Replies

• Jesusfan54
    Options
    I love oranges and celery & peanut butter but celery has to be pre cut lol
  • I enjoy popped quiona hmmmm yummy
  • cdgirl
    cdgirl Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I like fruits and also a couple tablespoons of peanut butter(no bread).
  • jkner4
    jkner4 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have been working hard to have protein at snack time. My favorite right now is roasted garbanzo beans. I also like rice cakes with PB on them. I found Lundberg Brown rice cakes are really good.

How do you make popped quinoa?
  • I add a little coconut oil and then a serving of quiona to a fry pan...medium heat it goes from toasty brown ( which is when you want to eat it) To black in a second. Once on medium heat add a spice or so salt and then watch it carefully. It won't pop up like popcorn but more like a sesame seed and so delicious. But careful it needs to cool a bit or it will burn your mouth.
  • DITT2014
    Options
    Thanks for posting the idea for popped Quinoa. I'm going to have to try that.

I eat a serving of Way Better chips. I like the amount of chips you can have per serving, and their pretty healthy.

1oz unroasted unsalted sunflower kernels with 1oz of Ocean Spray Cranraisins.

Celery and Earth Balanc Coconut and Peanut Butter Spread

Sweet potatoe with or without cinnamon or some other spice. I cook the potato in the microwave.

1/2 cup of nonfat yogurt with 2 to 3 tablespoons of Qia.

As you can see I tend to snack A LOT more when I'm at work than when I'm home, so I got to make my choices wisely.
  • tiffnkailey
    tiffnkailey Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Some I am totally new to whole foods, and organic foods. I also have food stamps, and am on a really tight budget. Does anyone have any food items, they know I can get at normal stores like publix, winn dixie, walmart, etc? Also I looked at the Daniel plan list and most of the foods I have no idea what they mean or how to make them. I don't know what a Quinoa is. lol.
  • Tamarawalkingingrace
    Options
    When shopping the isles at Walmart keep it simple. Could Daniel get this? eat this?
    Eggs
    MIlk
    meat
    switch to brown rice (same price)
    switch to brown pasta (same price)
    fruits
    vegetables ( frozen is fine)
    canned beans ( sometimes a Momma gotta do what a Momma's gotta do)
    Quiona is the easiest thing in the world to make
    Raw sugar , honey, stevia
  • CandyNordquist
    CandyNordquist Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    WHAATT? Is it anything like popped corn? I am really needing to break up with popped corn but I don't have the will to do it yet.
  • MaryIM
    MaryIM Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My favorite snack right now is Fuji apples. I like apples because they are so portable -- when I'm dashing around town, I just take an apple with me and will often eat it in the car. It stops my hunger pangs.

At home I like leftover veggies. I usually make a big batch of veggies for dinner -- enough so there will be leftovers. Just pop them in the microwave for a quick snack.