Under the dress? EEK

Options
micqs
micqs Posts: 186 Member
Okay so I need to schedule my dress fitting. So I guess now I need to buy my "under the dress essentials". My question: WHAT ON EARTH DOES ONE WEAR UNDER A WEDDING DRESS??!?!?!? Movies portray sexy corsets and thigh high stockings or full on body pieces.

I have an A line dress with a sweet heart top. What type of lingerie should I look into purchasing? And do I definitely wear it when I go to my dress fitting? Where are good places to look at lingerie? I do not buy lingerie at all and am at a complete loss. I also cannot wear thigh highs because my legs are so short and it just looks silly. haha! Any advice would be helpful!

Replies

• Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    This may be a total overshare (I don't show my underwear to many people :wink:) but I was considering just a multiway/strapless bra:

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_150010449685_-1

OR

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_161010351382_-1

OR

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_161010605885_-1

OR

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_152010617285_-1

I had quite fancied a corset/basque thing but I'm now swaying more for comfort... :happy: He can see something sexier on honeymoon :love:

I thought you would need it for your dress fitting so it fits correctly?
    I'll be ordering all these to my parents as my dress fitting is the day we land back home!! x
  • Laur005
    Laur005 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I think for your fitting all that really matters is your bra and your shoes (obviously only one of those is under the dress). Anything else would only be important if it impacts the way your dress fits.

That being said, I know nothing about bras under wedding dresses, so I can't help much. I need to find a super-low back strapless bra that works with my sweetheart neckline and stays in place all night... I'm pretty sure I'll end up in one of those one piece bras that snaps together at the crotch. So sexy. (TMI? So sorry!)
  • micqs
    Options
    I am so GLAD I am friends with you girls on here. Lol. I get a chuckle out of your responses.

I think I'll look into a boustier or how ever it's spelled. And just wear white underwear for the fitting. I saw some cute lace boy shorts somewhere I could wear for the wedding. I'm just so lost. Lol.

I completely forgot I had to wear shoes. ???? I should probably get on it! Oops.
  • micqs
    Options
    And Cal, all those bras are so cute!
  • SaraJRosburg
    SaraJRosburg Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You may just consider having a bra, or cups sewn directly into the dress so you don't have to wear a bra. Thats what I've done for every bridesmaid dress I've ever had and also planning to do for my dress.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    You may just consider having a bra, or cups sewn directly into the dress so you don't have to wear a bra. Thats what I've done for every bridesmaid dress I've ever had and also planning to do for my dress.

How does that 'hold up' for D/DD cups? :laugh:

My dress comes down pretty far in the back so no bra for me. The Bridesmaids dresses have a large keyhole back and they can't wear them either! The shop said they'd sew in cups but I wear a D cup and my sister wears a DD/DDD.
  • winley87
    Options
    Typically the dresses are fit tight enough to your torso that the sewn in cups do work pretty well, even for a bigger bust. My grandma wanted me to buy a gown with straps to "hold things in place" but once I started trying on dresses I noticed how well everything stays in place because the gowns are so structured to begin with!
  • Merebelle2014
    Options
    I had the same question!! I went in for my first fitting today and got a few answers.

On top, I'm doing a corset to support "the girls"
    And then on bottom, since I have a ballgown I have a poofy slip lol but I guess there can be an element of intrigue of whats under the slip!!

Best of luck!!