Sleeved on January 13, 2014

Options
ireland5
ireland5 Posts: 8 Member
I posted first way back in March, 2013. I went to a doctor, finally, was diagnosed with thyroid issues, HBP, severe obstructive sleep apnea. I was feeling like I was going to die and was not really living. I was scared beyond belief. I was put on HBP medication, thyroid meds and began talking to my doctor about WLS. I began the process in September and was sleeved two weeks ago on Jan 13th. Tomorrow, I see my doc for my two week check. It is a process, but I feel like I finally am getting a grip on my life and have a chance of living. My surgery went very well, took two weeks off work, as the first week I was sore, nausea, and tired. The second week was resting, taking stock and learning all I could about how my new relationship with food was going to look. So far, no regrets, anxious to see how much I have lost, as I can definitely feel some difference. Hoping to end HBP meds and snoring already reduced. Thyroid, stuck with that but I can deal with that one!

Replies

• nantnet
    nantnet Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your journey to becoming a happy healthy you. I was sleeved on 10/02/2013 and had a lot of the same problems you mentioned. I am down 67 lbs and still have about 90ish lbs to go but I am so much happier and healthier already, no meds except thyroid now and I am excercising daily and feeling better about myself.

Best of luck and this board has a lot of information from old threads and new that I found very helpful.
  • trinoc
    trinoc Posts: 73
    Options
    I was sleeved on January 14. I felt much the same way. I go back to work tomorrow and am excited and nervous. Good luck!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I have stopped all meds except reflux meds-those now mandatory 2 x a day but maybe after 50 more lbs I won't need them. Sleeved 11-20-13, 52 lbs lost. I have open diary so feel free to look at what I eat. If you have really let go of your Kryptonite foods you will be amazed at how quickly your life will change. Good luck!
  • ireland5
    ireland5 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Went for 2 week check with surgeon. Down 56 pounds from highest recorded weight, 22 since day of surgery. I feel better already, no one has noticed anything yet, except me, but I do feel better and more mobile, sleeping better! I wish you all the best in your journey!
  • Stinkerbelle0509
    Options
    .....oops
  • wink77
    wink77 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you are doing great. I am 9 months out and feel wonderful.