who's doing the lean phase?

lin7604
lin7604 Posts: 2,951 Member
what are your results like so far? any one pretty much maintaining doing this program? I finished week 2 and onto week 3.. haven't seen any changes as of yet... not sure if i made a mistake of doing lean vs classic?

Replies

• zsgreenwell
    zsgreenwell Posts: 63 Member
    Im doing lean. Lost about 6 pounds and have stagnated. I havent been doing the meal plan though. I start block two on tuesday and am kicking up the meal plan starting tomorrow to hopefully fix my issues.
  • lin7604
    wow good for you! i haven't lost anything, actually have gained :(
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Same here and I am doing the classic. I almost switched to lean , because i thought maybe i made a mistake choosing the classic instead of the lean. Now i just think the nutrition plan is overgenerous, at least for women. After 3 weeks, i cut back 250-300 calories and it seems to reverse the trend. Not losing much, but at least not gaining.
  • zsgreenwell
    zsgreenwell Posts: 63 Member
    I ate breakfast this morning using the X3 diet plan, and I am already at 600 calories. According to the numbers I am supposed to eat 3000 a day to lose weight which just doesnt seem right. So I am doing the number of calorie intake of where I want to be rather than where I am now. Still a heck of a lot of calories compared to what I have been eating. We Shall see.
  • lin7604
    Same here and I am doing the classic. I almost switched to lean , because i thought maybe i made a mistake choosing the classic instead of the lean. Now i just think the nutrition plan is overgenerous, at least for women. After 3 weeks, i cut back 250-300 calories and it seems to reverse the trend. Not losing much, but at least not gaining.
    \

ya i almost switched to classic but i really want to give this a full try and see where i end up.

i thought 1500 was a bit much for me too that x3 put me at as i was doing 15-1600 with clx and that was using weights... i thought this one for sure 14-1500 max. so i reset my mfp cals to 1300 and i will eat back some cals but not all.
  • tjoliburt
    tjoliburt Posts: 1 Member
    I just started the P90X3 lean phase today. I have a question for all of you that have a few weeks under your belt. Is there very much weight training in P90X3 or is it mainly using body weight resistence and cardio? I did P90X and really liked the weight training but the 30 minute workouts were very appealing to my busy schedule. Does everyone feel they are getting enough strength training? Again this was my first day but looking at the schedule I don't see any workouts with weights.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    I just started the P90X3 lean phase today. I have a question for all of you that have a few weeks under your belt. Is there very much weight training in P90X3 or is it mainly using body weight resistence and cardio? I did P90X and really liked the weight training but the 30 minute workouts were very appealing to my busy schedule. Does everyone feel they are getting enough strength training? Again this was my first day but looking at the schedule I don't see any workouts with weights.
    P90x3 can have strength training, but not the lean schedule. The lean schedule has very little strength training. More precisely it has zero strength training in block1, it will have 1 strength training day per week in block 2( Incinerator) , and has 2 ( eccentric upper and lower ) in block 3.
    If you want weight training, do the classic schedule, which is more balanced between cardio and weight training .
  • lin7604
    i was just going to say that too, i am finishing up week 3 and the only day i use a weight is in cvx. 1 day a week... not really strength training either, more weighted cardio.

i am not sure if i made a mistake doing the lean phase as i only have about 5 lbs to lose and a few points to take my body fat down but i wanted to stay lean.....
  • Smoked33
    Smoked33 Posts: 186 Member

The Classic schedule has enough resistance training to build some lean tissue and maintain any strength and even build on what you have. It's not as focused on isolation as P90X was...many more compound movements but you'll get a great pump with workouts like The Challenge, Incinerator and Eccentric Upper for sure.
  • lin7604
    humm not sure what to do... continue with lean and then if i don't' get the result i want do classic when i am done 3 months of lean? go to classic now and re start the program? .... started week 4 today, no results of any sort yet but i will take my pics at the end of this week and see if there is any small changes? just not sure which is really better for me... lean or classic....