New Member Introductions

Options
13»

Replies

• rhino45
    rhino45 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Oh yea and Skinnywhitt I do feel you on the nutrition thing I am a Huntsville AL native very hard to keep on track with all that good southern food arround lol
  • rwalker1173
    rwalker1173 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Rachel, 26, from GA. I've owned P90X for about 3ish years now, and I have finished phase 1 about 6 times, never could seem to get beyond that.
    Husband bought X3 for me for my birthday. Started just before the new year. I did complete phase1 without a missed day. But, I have missed a couple of days the past few weeks, but I just pick up where I left off, so a little behind schedule.
    I like seeing the progress so far, and I can tell I am getting stronger. After a shoulder surgery (a little over a year ago)..labral tear and rotator cuff, I healed great, and recovered quickly, but my strength just isn't the same. Still am having to do knee push ups, or leaning against the counter at times. Pull-ups are coming along nicely. I use a chair, but I am able to do a little more each time.
    I hate Yoga from p90x, but I actually enjoy x3 yoga. I like the fact that all workouts are only 30 minutes long. So far my favorite day is MMX, didn't care for it the first time, but this last time I did it, I had a lot of fun.
    I wish you all the best in your P90X3 journey, and fitness goals!
  • thergj
    thergj Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Just got my basic kit yesterday, read through everything last night and did the fitness test. I just turned 48, I'm married and have 3 kids. I need to stay healthy for myself and for them so I thought I'd give this a try. Myfitnesspal has been great to me with all the support I've been getting from guys like you! I lost a lot of weight last year but gained most of it back so now I'm looking for something new to motivate me. P90x3 seems to fit the bill. I've always been somewhat skeptical of exercise videos and have never bought one until now. I like Tony's style of instruction and attitude towards exercise. The only shortcoming I find is with the constant push to sell products. The intensity of the sales pitch for beachbody supplements comes in close second place to the intensity of the workouts! Maybe I'll change my tune after few weeks of 'bringing it' but for now I'll use my own supplements :). I'll be starting in a few days. Wish me luck and friend me if you want to exchange some support!
  • rhino45
    rhino45 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Welcome thergj I think you will enjoy the program many people have been seeing great results with it. as for the BB supplements. thats just how they work but you definitely don't need them to be successful. I have only used their MRP (not the shakeology one) and I only use it on occasion if I have skipped a meal or just need that little extra at the end of the day. I don't think there is anything wrong with their products (in fact I think they are quite tasty) but you don't need them. just make sure to bring it and share your success with the group. again welcome to the group.
  • Kdunbar77
    Kdunbar77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I know I'm late joining but I can use some accountability :-)
    I'm Kathryn, I'm 36 and a mom of 3. I'm in Columbia, SC
  • Busymomof003
    Busymomof003 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi I know I'm late joining but I can use some accountability :-)
    I'm Kathryn, I'm 36 and a mom of 3. I'm in Columbia, SC

Welcome! I think PX3 is an easy program to commit to, although the workouts will be tough! It's nice to have a group to come back to and share those tough moments. I think even in the beginning you can feel yourself getting stronger week to week so it keeps you motivated. I have three kids too- thankfully they're a bit older so getting my workouts in is easier. Glad your here!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the new X3ers!! We are here EVERYday so hang with us & we'll get to the end together!!
  • jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone! My name is Jeff. My wife (Tasha) and I just started P90X3 last weekend. Liking the workouts so far. We're doing The Challenge tonight. I watched the workout last night to see what we're in for. Question about that...Did you set your goals low the first time you did it? I know I can do 10-15 standard pushups the first go-round, but not sure if I'll be able hang with that number later on in the workout.
  • jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I try not to set goals. If I set one too low, I kind of give up knowing I met my goal. If I set it too high, I feel bad if I don't meet it. I just do the move until failure. Then I push pause, sit in childs pose, catch my breath, unpause and resume. You will find in week 3-4 that you can do many more than in week one, and that feels good enough for me!
    Thanks! I set what I thought was a realistic goal for pushups and it worked out about right. I did a bonus pushup on 2 of the sets, but my last for of the staggered pushups were 4 sets of 1. We're using the bands for pullups right now. I picked a pretty good number that, too. CVX tomorrow.
  • mollydollyk
    mollydollyk Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I am about a month into P90X3. I completed Insanity before this, which I loved (I am a cardio girl), but I never had time to run or train for races (something I also love) while doing Insanity. The 30 minute P90X program seemed like a good way to keep some verity in my routines while I run and force me to strength train (something I don’t love so much.) Its a bit crazy learning all the moves in this program. I never did P90X so it's all new to me.
  • lizzie419
    lizzie419 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am on Day 2 of P90X3, and was looking for a little accountability and support. I am a working wife and mother of 2, and always seem to be short on time and energy, but have a large supply of extra weight to lose, so this workout program seemed perfect. I am doing the Lean version, so I have only completed the Accelerator and the Warrior.

I find that I feel too much pressure when I set weight loss goals, especially if the scale or tape measure does not budge, so my goal for this workout program is to finish a complete round, and to be able to do at least 1 unmodified push up by the end.