February workout check-in thread

Options

Replies

• rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everyone. Your kind words really mean a lot to me!
  • LadyDeadlift
    LadyDeadlift Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Cruisin' I'm sorry to hear about your granddaughter. Prayers you, her and all involved.

Workout B yesterday:
    Squat
    Warm 45,65,75,95
    Work 125x5x5
    * focused on hip drive and on focusing my eyes on the floor in front of me vs. the mirror; felt things working better, I'll add 5 next time

OHP
    Warm 45,45,50
    Work 55x5x5x5x4x4
    *after feeling like a boss on these last time, not awesome. Will study cues/form etc and try again next time

DL
    Warm 45,45,95
    Work 135
    * felt awesome (!)

Accessory work
    Row (-10%) 45x3x8
    Close Grip BP 45x3x8
    DB Curl 12x3x8
    Cable crunch 42.5x3x10

I'm loving the cable crunch and can feel my core muscles + esp. my back really taking shape and getting stronger from these.

Tracking my workouts in a notebook now vs. phone and I prefer it so much - no worries about phone battery, no temptation to screw around surfing the net etc...

Had a great day with food/diet discipline and then went to friends to watch Walking Dead and drink beer. Darn it those tasty beverages add up quick!
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Back on the 531 train with CHEST DAY!! (Thankfully my gym is full of old people slaving away on cardio machines on Mondays, so I didn,t have trouble grabbing a bench xD) And btw, I only ever list working sets here.

Bench press:
    70x5
    85x5
    95x11
    70x5x10
    I might've had 1 or 2 more reps in the tank on that plus set, but I prefered easing back into it, esp. since I didn't know how I would handle the boring but big sets. Turns out these were so easy I ended up playing with my grip to see how it all felt.

Incline DB Press 25x3x12

Face Pulls 60x15, 65x15, 70x15 (trying to find my top weight here.)

Trcieps rope pushdowns 55x12, 60x10, 60x12 (And then I dropped the cable down and did a set of hammer curls @45 for max reps which was 14)

And I finished the session with Rower interval ladders. 100m, 200m, up to 500m, then back down. With max push-ups in between each sets. Took about 20 mins total, and I got66 push-ups in. I got out of the gym wobbly as hell. And the whole thing only took 1h15! *happy*

Do any of you guys have fitocracy? http://ftcy.me/z4mRmN I use it to log my workouts (after the gym. Good ol' trusty notepad comes with me to the gym and then I log it when I get home lol).
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Back on the 531 train with CHEST DAY!! (Thankfully my gym is full of old people slaving away on cardio machines on Mondays, so I didn,t have trouble grabbing a bench xD) And btw, I only ever list working sets here.

Bench press:
    70x5
    85x5
    95x11
    70x5x10
    I might've had 1 or 2 more reps in the tank on that plus set, but I prefered easing back into it, esp. since I didn't know how I would handle the boring but big sets. Turns out these were so easy I ended up playing with my grip to see how it all felt.

Incline DB Press 25x3x12

Trcieps rope pushdowns 55x12, 60x10, 60x12 (And then I dropped the cable down and did a set of hammer curls @45 for max reps which was 14)

And I finished the session with Rower interval ladders. 100m, 200m, up to 500m, then back down. With max push-ups in between each sets. Took about 20 mins total, and I got66 push-ups in. I got out of the gym wobbly as hell. And the whole thing only took 1h15! *happy*

Do any of you guys have fitocracy? http://ftcy.me/z4mRmN I use it to log my workouts (after the gym. Good ol' trusty notepad comes with me to the gym and then I log it when I get home lol).

You are seriously a BEAST! :flowerforyou:
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options

Bench press:
    70x5
    85x5
    95x11
    70x5x10

Incline DB Press 25x3x12

nice :bigsmile:

I just followed you on fitocracy, I'm Jonners :bigsmile:
  • glwerth
    glwerth Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I deadlifted my body weight for the first time today! :smile:

AWESOME!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I deadlifted my body weight for the first time today! :smile:

Congrats!

x2
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Well ladies I have read through all the posts I missed while away during my rests...(3mins each time...:tongue: ) and I can't comment on specific names but I see lots of PRs happening, losts of lifting happening...

So for me after being away for almost 2 weeks (from lifting) I decided workout A today would be a good start (ended with B on Wed and did do a bit at the gym at the resort as they had some free weights...no squat rack tho...:sad: , but the gym moniter was surprised when I asked for a spot on my benches...:laugh: a bit pleased too I think)

Anyway ....

Squats @ 160 today 5x5...really screwed up one rep with my breathing and cursed a blue streak but they felt good today, gonna stay here for form as I felt me leaning sideways...

Benches I stayed at 115 today 3x5, 1x3 and 1x2....:grumble: cursed again as I got past that last time...I "rolled" my shoulders husband said and I feel an odd tingle in my left arm now...(hope it's not my shoulder again)

Rows I finally figured them out...proper form makes a hellava difference...not only with getting them up but not hurting that leg of mine...
    <<<<blonde moment.

so those were 115@ 5x5 tonight, stayed here as last time I only got 3 sets out...move up next time.

Good to be back to my routine tho, this is my 25th week lifting (if you count last week even tho I missed most of them) time to take measurments maybe...

PS trip was grand, I love Banana Mamas and topless beaches (at least in the surf), lots of food and fun was had by all.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Nice getting right back at it Stef, and nice numbers!

Monday Madcow Inc:

Squat
    45x5, 95x5, 125x5, 155x5, 185x5, 225x5, 250x5

Bench
    45 2x5, 60 2x5, 75 2x5, 95 2x5, 105 2x5, 120 2x5 WIth 8 sets of assisted pullups sprinkled about

Row
    65 2x5, 75x5, 90x5, 105 3x5 I want to get my bench up so more row volume!

Back extension 3x12

Then c25k!

ETA: SPEELING FICKS
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Stef!

Yesterday was boxing class and we did some pad work and then defensive drills. One of the guys gave me a complement on my pad holding skills. It isn't as easy as you would think since you want to connect with the glove and basically give it a "tap" when it meets so you don't injure your elbow or shoulder. You also have to give the person the right holds and calls for the combos. I've gotten it down pretty well, but some of the other guys just don't have it down yet. So that was a win in my head.

Then after class two guys were hanging around do incline sit ups and I asked them if they could do flag poles. They didn't know what they were so I showed them and one of them did some and kind of gave me the "holy crap" look. Then I took them to the pull up bar and showed them toes to bar. One could do 3 reps, the other one couldn't get his legs up at all. I'm thinking I'll throw some stuff together for them cause they seem to be a little lost when it comes to working out to achieve their goals.

B day for me today. I'll hit the gym around lunch time. Getting closer and closer to a BW squat again. Too bad I'm not seeing much downward progress on the scale to help make the BW squat happen sooner, but I'm feeling strong again so I'm happy.
  • KaterinaTerese
    KaterinaTerese Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Workout A! Got to the empty squat rack to discover someone had left a loaded (90lbs) trap bar sitting on the bars. Like, how did he even do that...? Had to lift it out. There was a guy working nearby who got up to help me, but obviously I didn't need it! Woohoo! Strong lady. Sorry, workout euphoria. :bigsmile:

Squat:
    Warm ups, 1x5, 95lbs // 1x5, 100lbs
    3x5, 145lbs [YESSS, only 10lbs from BW]

Bench:
    Warm ups, 1x5 45lbs
    5x5, 55lbs

Dumbbell Row: 4x5, 60lbs [2 30lb dumbbells]

Felt really good after my work today. I've been feeling kind of tubby lately (eating up to my TDEE again, plus TOM) so knowing I can kick *kitten* in the gym made it all better. :glasses:
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering WHY he even did that.
  • KaterinaTerese
    KaterinaTerese Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering WHY he even did that.
    Right? And it's one of these babies, so not sure what he was doing with the trap... so very confusion.

Squat-Rack.jpg
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Trap bar on the squat racks? Weird!

Workout A yesterday:

Squats 5x5 @ 75lbs still working on t!ts up, my dang back hurts after I do them now, guess it's the arching for TU :smile:
    BP 5x5 @ 60 DH touched the bar on last set/rep, I grunted no! and got the rep, so it counts, lol!!!
    Rows 5x3 @ 55, 5x2 @ 57 will go to 57 next w/o or maybe give 60 a try!

NIce lifting ladies!!! Keep it up. :flowerforyou:
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I started round 3 of Wendlers today, after deloading last week. I kept my OHP and bench press the same for this go, but I've upped my squat and deadlift numbers.

OHP day, my 5 week.

Warmup Sets:
    5 x 45 pounds
    3 x 50 pounds

Working Sets:
    5 x 50 pounds
    5 x 60 pounds
    5 x 70 pounds

Assistance Work:
    Assisted Dips-3 x 10 @ 45 pounds
    Assisted Chins- 3 x 10 @ 45 pounds

Well, not only did I not get 5 reps at 70 pounds, I only got 1. Last round I was able to get three, so it seems like I've actually gotten weaker :grumble: I'm going to keep going with the numbers as are, and then repeat again next round.
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I started round 3 of Wendlers today, after deloading last week. I kept my OHP and bench press the same for this go, but I've upped my squat and deadlift numbers.

OHP day, my 5 week.

Warmup Sets:
    5 x 45 pounds
    3 x 50 pounds

Working Sets:
    5 x 50 pounds
    5 x 60 pounds
    5 x 70 pounds

Assistance Work:
    Assisted Dips-3 x 10 @ 45 pounds
    Assisted Chins- 3 x 10 @ 45 pounds

Well, not only did I not get 5 reps at 70 pounds, I only got 1. Last round I was able to get three, so it seems like I've actually gotten weaker :grumble: I'm going to keep going with the numbers as are, and then repeat again next round.

Yeah, the OHP can be tricky. Maybe you could try adding in a back-off set just to get a little more volume? I didn't stick with it long enough to know if it was really working, but I always felt like a BAMF cranking out AMRAP sets at the first working weight. If anything, it gives ya a psychological edge going into the next workout. "I can do 17 reps at 50lbs, so hey, 3 reps at 55 will be easy.peasy! 3 reps at 65? Pah! 3 reps at 70?! Sure, I can do that. BRING IT ON!) Now that I think about it, this is kind of how I led into my one 75lbs single around xmas haha. Don,t give up!

I'm antsy to go do my squats tomorrow or wednesday! Dammit!
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the OHP can be tricky. Maybe you could try adding in a back-off set just to get a little more volume? I didn't stick with it long enough to know if it was really working, but I always felt like a BAMF cranking out AMRAP sets at the first working weight. If anything, it gives ya a psychological edge going into the next workout. "I can do 17 reps at 50lbs, so hey, 3 reps at 55 will be easy.peasy! 3 reps at 65? Pah! 3 reps at 70?! Sure, I can do that. BRING IT ON!) Now that I think about it, this is kind of how I led into my one 75lbs single around xmas haha. Don,t give up!

I'm antsy to go do my squats tomorrow or wednesday! Dammit!

I like how we think alike :happy: I got pissed off after only getting 1 rep, so I dropped the weight down to 65 pounds and did as many as I could, which turned out to be 7, a new PR for me at that weight! I think if it happens again, I'm going to drop the weight even further and do more volume, that sounds like an excellent plan :)
  • Mom3LoveBugs
    Mom3LoveBugs Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm a newb and loosely followed the program last night to see how it would feel focusing on strictly these exercises.

This is what I did...

Squat:
    bar x 10 x 3
    95 x 5 x 2
    115 x 5 x 2
    135 x 5 x 2
    155 x 5 x 2
    185 x 1

Bench:
    bar x 10 x 3
    95 x 5 x 3
    115 x 5 x 3
    135 x 1 x 2

Rows:
    65 x 10 x 3
    75 x 5 x 3
    80 x 5 x 3

OHP:
    50 x 5 x 3
    60 x 5 x 3
    75 x 3 x 3

Deads:

135 x 5 x 3
    185 x 1 x 3
    205 x 1 x 2
    235 x 1

:)
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    awesome deadlift MOM3LoveBugs!

Feeling meh when I went to the gym, but I feel much better after my workout.

Squat: 170 lbs 3x5
    Bench: 95 lbs 5-5-4
    Rows: 105 lbs 5-5-4

I also did 3 sets of 8 reps at 75 lbs of seated rows. Turns out, our gym doesn't have a rowing machine :sad: However, I do like the seated rows.
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Worked up to 65kg squats 3 sets of 5. I'm going to jump up by 5kg a time until I get close to where I was..

Bench wasn't really happening, think I tried to be a bit ambitious after so long out - 42.5kg x 2 then a roll of shame (ow). Knocked out 40kgx5, then decided to have a go at power cleans again..

Probably should have done them first rather than when I was tired, but it was super busy when I arrived, platform and squat rack were busy so I was squatting in the wobbly cage as it was.

Anyway, if you want a laugh...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PLIOJWJd5s
    I think I messed my head up by trying to read SS chapter on PCs, then psyching myself out a bit on the arms being straight and everything else.. oh and before I started recording a bashed my right knee very hard on the first attempt. Keeping the bar against the shins/thigh until the jumping point is almost impossible! So feeling a bit bummed about it all really.
    I also don't know how you get into the rack position well with elbows up.. if I do this I both strangle myself and bash my collar bones. Don't have a vast amount of meat on the front of my shoulders!