Today's Workout

Options
Lizzard_77
Lizzard_77 Posts: 232 Member
I would love to see what others are doing for their daily workouts. I definitely log mine but that just tracks the cals burned. I will share my daily workout details here if any one is interested. Not very hardcore but I am just starting out so bear with me :)

Just finished today's workout. I did my usual installment of Daily HIIT, day 20. this is what it looked like: 3 rounds, 50 seconds each and 10 seconds double high knees in between each move

*Double High Knees*

1) Push up + Squat

*Double High Knees*

2) Knee Up + Legs Over + Lunge

*Double High Knees*

3) Push Back Push Ups

*Double High Knees*

4) Ab Swimmers

I then did a 20 minute hiit workout that included basic moves like burpees, mountain climbers etc. but I felt like getting an extra push today. I finished everything off with a 15 minute stretch from dailyhiit.com

I currently am subscribing on youtube to charliejames1975, fitnessblender, sportskool, and popsugar fitness. I obviously am obsessed with HIIT right now but when I am done with the 30 day challenge I plan on switching things up a bit. I would really like to find some workouts that include weightlifting that can be done at home (just dumbells). Anybody else have some good youtube channels they like to use for workouts?

Replies

• rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Nice job! Today is my upper body day and this morning I did:

- Chalean Extreme - Push Circuit 2
    - 20 minutes of upper body calethstenics (tricep dips, planks, pull ups and crunches)

Later on I'm going to either get on my mini-stepper for 20 - 25 minutes or do a 2 mile Lesile Sansone video for my cardio.

I LOVE Youtube workouts. I mainly do workouts from Jessica Smith, Blogilates, Fitness Blender, Fit Sugar, XHIT.
  • sjdavis15
    sjdavis15 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You guys rock. Today I did Cathe's Cardio Leg Blast. I did the extended premix b/c I had the time. It focuses on legs, but you get good cardio workout too. I love starting the day with a good workout.
  • Lizzard_77
    Options
    I am really feeling yesterday's work so I went a little easy on myself today:

2 rounds, 1 minute ea set, no rest

Side to side squat shuffle

Alternating front lunges

Bicycle crunches

Mountain Climbers

...............................................................................

8 rounds, 30 seconds ea set, 10 seconds rest between each set

Squats

Push-ups
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Strength and JM 30DS L1D5
  • Lizzard_77
    Options
    Today was a forced rest day due to a wellness retreat I attended. I can't help but feel like I am losing ground by not working out today but I know my mind and body need a break every once in awhile. I hope everyone had a great workout today and I'll be back tomorrow with my Saturday workout :)
  • lisatrish
    lisatrish Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    2/21 - Lower Body Bootcamp, Pilates, and Lower body stretching.
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Do any of you do Tabata workouts? A friend of mine does the "Fit Deck" with her friends too. The Fit Deck would be easy to create if you didn't want to buy the products but they are really cool. Might purchase a set today....
  • lisatrish
    lisatrish Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with Tabata workouts. They can be killer but I love the outcome. I use Fitness Blender on youtube they have some great Tabata workouts.
  • Lizzard_77
    Options
    I have done some tabata workouts. Neutral on the subject. That "Fit Deck" looks interesting, there is an app, am going to check it out! Thanks for mentioning it :)
  • Lizzard_77
    Options
    AM workout: 25 min 1.3 mi walk with dog

PM workout: 12 min HIIT

Been on my feet all day cleaning and cooking in prep for my final week of Whole30
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    AM workout: 25 min 1.3 mi walk with dog

PM workout: 12 min HIIT

Been on my feet all day cleaning and cooking in prep for my final week of Whole30

How are you liking the HIIT workouts? They seem intimidating! I will try them after I finish the 30DS, I think.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    T25 and Body Revolution. It was a rough AM workout (went to a friends house last night) but I powered through it and felt so much better afterwards. Glad I did it!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Do any of you do Tabata workouts? A friend of mine does the "Fit Deck" with her friends too. The Fit Deck would be easy to create if you didn't want to buy the products but they are really cool. Might purchase a set today....

I'm indifferent on tabata workouts. I have used them from time to time for something different, but I prefer low impact workouts. Results may have taken a little longer, but I don't want to injury myself or re-injure a back problem. Lots, and lots of jumping and bouncing etc.

Here's my workout for today:

- 15 mins. daily calisthenics (push ups, tricep dips, seated Russian twists w/ 20 lb weight and side bends w/ 5 lb weights)
    - 25 min. thigh & butt barre workout (one workout from BeFit and the other from Fitness Blender)
    - 30 mins. on mini-stepper (longest time I've been on non-stop!)
    - Stretch

I'm so proud of myself for staying on my mini-stepper as long as I did today! When I first bought it I could barely use it for 3 minutes at a time without becoming winded and tired. I put it away for quite a while, brought it back out a few weeks ago and been amazed with how physically fit I've become over the last couple of years. I could of gone longer (I was breathing heavily and sweating, but was not tired), but I workout fasted so I didn't want to overdo it! I've been noticing some newer leg muscles forming too. So looking forward to summer. :)
  • Lizzard_77
    Options
    How are you liking the HIIT workouts? They seem intimidating! I will try them after I finish the 30DS, I think.

I adore HIIT. I cant imagine going back to regular cardio or regular weight lifting. I love the intensity, I love the short bursts, I love how it's changing my body, I am amazed at how strong I have gotten in only a few weeks. I am working towards longer sessions next month and can't wait to see the strides I make with that. The best part is quick recovery and continuing to burn calories throughout the day!

I was intimidated at first too, I never imagined my body could do the moves I was seeing in the workouts. i started slow, making sure I had proper form even if I was doing fewer reps, and using modifications. Then all of a sudden I was able to do more. The first time I actually did a complete burpee with the push-up and jump I was elated and amazed that my body did that!! Don't be intimidated. Give it a try, it will change your workout world!!!
  • Lizzard_77
    Options
    I'm so proud of myself for staying on my mini-stepper as long as I did today! When I first bought it I could barely use it for 3 minutes at a time without becoming winded and tired. I put it away for quite a while, brought it back out a few weeks ago and been amazed with how physically fit I've become over the last couple of years. I could of gone longer (I was breathing heavily and sweating, but was not tired), but I workout fasted so I didn't want to overdo it! I've been noticing some newer leg muscles forming too. So looking forward to summer. :)

That is fantastic! You should be proud of yourself. What a wonderful feeling, especially to be looking forward to summer!! Keep it up, I'll be looking out for future updates :)
  • Lizzard_77
    Options
    T25 and Body Revolution. It was a rough AM workout (went to a friends house last night) but I powered through it and felt so much better afterwards. Glad I did it!

Glad you did it too! It is so hard to make myself workout after a night out! Good for you for doing it :)
  • Lizzard_77
    Options
    3 rounds, 50 seconds each set, 10 seconds side to side jumps between each set

Manmakers
    Deadlifts (50 lbs)
    Weighted Crunches (20lbs)
    Pendulum Plank
    Blumpkin Walk
    Low step back (50 lbs)
    Plank wall touches

10 minutes lower body cardio
    15 minutes core and stretching

Phew, glad I did it and glad it's over!
  • Lizzard_77
    Options
    New 30 day challenge. Each day is 45 minutes. 60 moves at 30 seconds each with 10 seconds skipping rope, high knees, some sort of movement in between each set. I am challenging myself to reach 1000 calories burned today so I did Day 1 and 2 plus 20 minutes stretching for a total of 828 calories burned. Taking a break and refueling then taking the dog for a walk to polish off the last 172 calories!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv8YoPMW5S4&list=PLdLzQAslwOS7dTmPGigl_1Ju6C0I3y-6T

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv8YoPMW5S4&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLdLzQAslwOS7dTmPGigl_1Ju6C0I3y-6T

Happy workouts everybody!!
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I was supposed to do the Body Revolution Cardio today, but I hate all the cardios from that program. So I did a workout from Zuzka Light on youtube. She has a series called ZWOW which is all about fat burning cardio. I think she's up to the 60's as far as how many she's uploaded now! So I've decided to substitute the cardios with the ZWOW series. Today was ZWOW #1. Oh. My. Goodness. So many burpees. I made it through with a great calorie burn, but I am sweating BUCKETS. Just the way I like it! I also like how she explains the routine first and doesn't talk a bunch through the workout or have accompanied music. So I can crank my iTunes up and not have to worry that I'm missing something important. Love that channel! Tonight is T25's Core Cardio. My least favorite of the Beta phase. I might substitute it with Core Speed which I love. Haven't decided. Either way, the core is getting a great workout today!
  • Lizzard_77
    Options
    I was supposed to do the Body Revolution Cardio today, but I hate all the cardios from that program. So I did a workout from Zuzka Light on youtube. She has a series called ZWOW which is all about fat burning cardio.

I was so excited when I bought Body Revolution and so disappointed when doing it :( I tried, really, really tried, but I got soooo bored doing the same stuff over and over. Especially the cardio was boring. So, I don't blame you for looking elsewhere!

Thanks for mentioning the Zuzka/ZWOW on youtube, always looking for more fitness channels to subscribe to and keep changing things up! Gonna check it out soon :)