how is everybody feeling?

mojisha
mojisha Posts: 36 Member
Checking in to see how everyone is doing physically, mentally. Surviving the long winter? My attempts to do the couch to 5k have been side tracked by a bad case of plantar faciitis. As a result my weight loss has stalled a bit. But things are looking up! I got up expecting the familiar pins and needles, but when i stepped out of bed i felt NOTHING! For the first time in ages. The yoga must be working! Now if we can just stop with the snow already!! L.et me know how you're doing

Replies

• Yes, this has been a very trying winter, considering all the snow that fell. Otherwise I'm maintaining. Currently recovering from a respiratory infection. My appetite is slowly returning and I'm glad because I miss solid foods.
  • morzolas
    morzolas Posts: 59 Member
    Long winter is right! I'm so done with all the drops in temperature. We get teased with a few days over 40º, and then it drops again. I can't wait for spring. It's hard to get motivated when the day is overcast, rainy, and/or snowing.
  • jls43
    jls43 Posts: 49 Member
    I have to admit that I got more involved in MFP as a way to motivate myself, but I have a bad case of the I don't wanna's as far as logging goes. I have lost 4 lbs since Jan 1 so that is a win. I will walk home from the train tonight even though it is still cold....it is light in the mornings when I get up....
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Hanging in there. Life is busy right now, seems I'm always on the go. Which is great when I'm prepared with a lunchbox full of healthy snacks and lunch, but not so great when I'm not or when I'm grabbing dinner on the go. I have still had more triumphs than not, but would like to get that back under control. The dreaded monthly visit is almost upon me, and that doesn't help either.

We had great weather for a few days and it was so Spring-like out, I loved it. All the snow has almost melted (except in the mountains) and it's been great. We had rain and hail today and a storm is moving in over the weekend, but I'm hoping that it will stay warm enough down here that we'll only get rain and not snow. *fingers crossed*

I'm counting down the weeks until Spring Break. We get 2 weeks off of school this year, so next week I work a 4 day with Friday off, and then I only have 2 full weeks before 2 full weeks off. Yay!!!!
  • Spambo16
    Spambo16 Posts: 223 Member
    SO...DONE...WITH...WINTER!!! The snow is annoying, but I can cope with that. It's the sub-zero temps on February 28th that are breaking my spirit. By now, I'm usually seeing my crocuses poking through, but not this year!

Coming up on a big transition at work that has my stress levels up, but so far doing pretty well with managing the temptation to use it as an excuse to binge on some junk food. Still off any real exercise for another couple days, healing from a test procedure (fortunately negative!), and I've been surprised at how much I really miss it. Can't wait to get back in my routine.
  • jocop2003
    jocop2003 Posts: 468 Member
    I am still here, but have not checked in for a while. I had some ups and downs with the scale not that happy.

But it is March days are getting longer sun out more but yes still cold and I too am done with winter.

My goal is to re-group in March to get under 140.
  • sharebear2012
    sharebear2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Long, cold winter for sure. One month to go........better than facing it in December knowing many months to go. Tired of the cold for sure.Looking forward to my summer clothes fitting as I have lost enough to be down a size! I have logged in almost every day and its a big help and motivator talking with others on the journey. This challenge is by the far the best group I have encountered. I really enjoy all of you. Let's keep at it folks, we are winning the battle!