Week One down!

Options
methridg
methridg Posts: 50 Member
Well I completed week 1 (mostly). Unfortunately, I couldn't do The Warrior on Saturday like I was suppose to because I was having back spasms but I am good as new today so I will start week 2.

Overall I like the program so far. I was sore pretty much all week and that is a good indicator that it working!!! I absolutely HATED the yoga but its because I just dislike yoga in general. I feel like it is so much work for not alot of reward (minimal calorie burn). I fell over so many times that I was nothing but frustrated by the end. I know there are all these benefits of yoga but I just dont think my body was ever meant to move in those ways. Otherwise, I loved everything else. CVX kicked my butt as did Agility X but I enjoyed them both.

I gained a pound this week despite working hard and eating pretty good but I wont let that bring me down. Might be muscle! :)

Here's to week 2!!!

Replies

• skinnywitt
    skinnywitt Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the week 1 completion. I am at week 3 day 3 completed YOGA this morning. I am so glade to hear others hate the yoga as much as I do. I spend more time moving the yoga mat around than anything. This is all new to me, but its amazing how much improvements I have seen from week 1 to 3. Keep up your hard work.

"During YogaX “…tippie toes or tip toes. I always say tippie.” Tony Horton
  • danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Great job Methridg! I gained too in my first month, but it all leveled back out and now I'm losing, I'm in block two, week three. Keep it up! Try and get those Saturday workouts in. I love the yoga, it's hard but feels good. I agree with Skinnywitt about the mat, so I've pretty much ditched mine.
  • shanespencer184
    shanespencer184 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finishing the first week! I just started week 2, so I'm in a similar position. I agree about CVX and Agility X; I found that the Challenge/CVX/Warrior combo at the end of the week was brutal!

I'm also not a yoga fan, being a very inflexible middle-aged man! However, after going through the first week and seeing what it comprises of, I'm starting to look forward to what feels like a mid-week break before the punishing three days again!

How do you feel, overall? I'm certainly feeling my body "tighten up". I lost an inch off my waist last week, so I'm very excited about what the coming weeks will bring!
  • methridg
    methridg Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I havent measured yet and dont really plan to until the 30 day mark. But I weighed myself today and Ive lost 2 pounds! I am suppose to do Yoga today but I will be getting out of work late tonight so I will try to do it but I might just substitute Dynamix instead. We'll see.