Double Tracking

Options
Before starting weight watchers a month ago I was tracking on My Fitness Pal. I was not really losing weight but faithfully tracked all my food choices good in bad. These past four weeks I do both. I track my simply filling food on WW and MFP. I like MFP because I like to see the macronutrients broken down. How much fat am I eating, carbs and calories. Today as I was preplanning my meals in both places I felt I wasn't really trusting the WW program. That's why I double check in MFP, and yes, sometimes I will make changes to my food choices because of what I see. When I triple check and quickly switch my WW tracker over to points, most of the time I'm quite a few points below my target at the end of the day. Anyone else feel a slave to calories? Or dourble tracking. Thoughts? I feel the need to let one go, just not sure if I can.

Thanks in advance

Replies

• AleksD3
    AleksD3 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've been double tracking for a couple of weeks and I'm finding that while I am under calories every day I am over points and that doesn't include fruit so I'm not sure what to do.

I do tend to get way more obsessed when I track macros so I'm still undecided on which program to do or to keep double tracking.
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I track both on WW and on MFP. It's a pain to track both places but I want to make sure my protein/Carb/Fat is where I want them to be. I am getting tired of it but I love the 49 extra weekly points per week on the WW program. I can figure out the calories for the weekly points but it's not the same on how I feel about eating them.....LOL Anyway, I do know how you feel about double tracking. Whatever works for you. One thing is I get a little too obsessive sometimes and when I track only on WW I feel way more relaxed. Maybe I answered my own question. :bigsmile: BTW, it's really important on WW to get in ALL your daily health guidelines AND eat all your points. I am a foodie so I have NO problem eating all my daily points, activity points and some of my weeklies. I hope you reach all your goals! :)
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I also track on both... I like to see areas that I am lacking.. esp. in the calcium and protein area. I log my WW points in spiral notebook that I leave in my kitchen.