Yet another newbie!

Options
Hello!!
I'm pretty new to both MFP and Leslie's Walk At Home workouts, and wanted to say hello!
A friend of mine suggested I try WAH when I mentioned I was having trouble finding exercises I could do with my asthma. I'm in love! I started with the Start! 1 mile walk and I've worked up to doing either the 2 mile twice a day or the 3 mile on the Ultimate Collection DVD. I just bought the Hits DVD, and I'm excited for it to get here.

So hello again, I'm excited to be here, and pumped to get fit with all of you!

Replies

• 1jlazymom
    1jlazymom Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Good for you! All you have to do is get up and try it and before you know it you can do several miles a day.
  • GetFitNicky
    GetFitNicky Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Leslie got me going literally one mile at a time on YouTube. So, got a video...then like all of them...giggle. Keep at it hon and you will be amazed at how much easier it is to lose while at the same time toning. I still remember the night I was rocking my baby and reaching down, feeling my thigh and the odd bulgy thing...before realizing it was muscle. Woah!! You CAN do this!!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Welcome jennifries! So happy that your friend recommended WAH with Leslie. The Ultimate Collection was my first LS DVD to purchase almost 2 years ago and still one of my favs. I started out following Leslie's "Walk Away the Pounds" book that I found in my library which included a one mile DVD. And the rest is history, as they say :wink: .

Perhaps walk with us the last couple of days of February and then join in on March's challenge. Read the first post of the challenge to answer any questions.

Walk for your health :flowerforyou: