'Maintenance setting

Hello all. I am 11 weeks pregnant and have my settings at 'maintenance' which gives me 1800 cals a day. The weight I want to maintain (well, in theory, because it doesn't include baby weight) is 10st. My question is - should I adjust the settings to maintain baby weight as I gain? Eg, when I gain half a stone, change it to 10.5 stone?

Replies

• shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    it says on the main page of this group what to do. I noticed how i increase my calories going into second trimester i haven't eaten all of them on most days. As long as you eat healthy foods that is all that matters
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    I set my calories manually, but I was kind of doing the TDEE method before anyway. If you google calories in pregnancy it gives you a guide to how many you should be having in each trimester based on how active you are.
  • evemarie123
    evemarie123 Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks all! :smile:
  • jmp2020
    jmp2020 Posts: 5 Member
    I am in the 2nd tri and have mine set on maintenance. Only because I inevitably go over almost every single day so it pretty much is equal to me gaining 1/2 lb a week in calories I consume. So far so good. I am exactly on track finally as of this week (25w). Before I was slightly ahead of the recommended weight gain schedule. The maintenance setting gives me just a rough goal and it's nice to know I can go over and not feel guilty. I don't adjust it at all. I input my weight every couple weeks or so and it adjusts manually. Good luck to you.