Surgery on 4/4/2014

Options
So I have a little over a month before my surgery any suggestions for prep before my surgery? Any things you would have done differently? In about two weeks I am going to start transitioning to liquids and I have already started my vitamins...need to also start cutting out my coffee.... I currently drink ALOT of coffee!

Replies

• tiffi1979
    tiffi1979 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My surgery is on April 7. I also have to cut my coffee... What kinds of liquids will you be transitioning to? I already drink at least one protein shake a day, but I'm looking for some other options. I like variety.
  • knitnpurlgurl
    Options
    That is awesome! :-) We will be recovering at the same time :-) I am going to start changing to two protein shakes a day and will also cut back on my portions. I am already having a shake for lunch right now but I will transition to lunch and breakfast and will cut back on the portions. I am also stocking up on sugar free jello, chicken broth and some other clear liquids. I am also going to order some 100% protein powder in bulk. Currently I only have 90% protein powder. In two weeks I am gong to start cutting my coffee back I already get headaches so I want to be off coffee before my surgery so that I don't have the added stress to my body. I also started all my vitamins now.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Be careful on how much you stock up. Your tastes often radically change after surgery. Unflavored protein is prob your best bet. I had to find all new shakes, protein bars and vitamin waters because the ones I liked I found revolting after surgery. I do like the vitafusion gunny vitamins and calcium, you have to eat 6 each a day but they taste like gummy bears, also like the 5000 mcg biotin cherry chewable from SAMs club.
  • knitnpurlgurl
    Options
    Great to know I will look for those at Costco.
  • fire_Falcon
    Options
    My surgery was 3/19. I too had to get off COFFEE. To the point, I have my own Kaurig. The best was I would go t half caf/decaf then got to total decaf. I am looking forwards to my next cup which I can have any time now but want to hold of till I can eat food without it needing to be puree'd. Good luck with your surgery. WALK WALK WALK.
  • VSGJill
    VSGJill Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Focus on staying hydrated, get in your protein, and walk to help promote healing and prevent blood clots. Good luck with everything.