Favorite episode: Buffy

Options
Zaftique
Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
Who doesn't love teeny blondes who kick butt?

I think my favorite episode is Doppelgängland, if only for Alyson Hannigan's acting tour-de-force as:

1. Willow
2. Vampire Willow
3. Willow-as-Vampire Willow
4. Vampire Willow-as-Willow.

I also wasn't as jonesed about the 2nd season as most everyone seems to be, but I also came in late - 4th season is fantastic, and I have the unpopular Riley love, which I will defend unto death. ;)

"Gosh, look at those!"

Replies

• GeekdGirl
    GeekdGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Okay, so maybe a cliche, but I loved the Once More With Feeling episode! One of my favs :)
  • lindzalexis
    lindzalexis Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    So many favorites!

Once More With Feeling
    The Body
    The Zeppo
    Beneath You (that scene with Spike and the cross - whoa)
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I'd say my favorite episode is "Prophecy Girl". Every time I see that episode I cry. Her pure emotion after hearing that she is to die when facing the Master. "Giles I'm 16 years old, I don't wanna die. "

or more accurately, the entire conversation:
    Buffy: So that's it, huh? I remember the drill. One slayer dies, the next one's called. I wonder who she is. Will you train her? Or will they send someone else?

Giles: Buffy... I...

Buffy: Does it say how he's gonna kill me? Do you think it'll hurt?

[Angel walks towards her]

Buffy: Don't touch me! Were you even gonna tell me?

Giles: I was hoping I wouldn't have to, that there was some way around it. I...

Buffy: I've got a way around it. I quit.

Giles: It's not that simple.

Buffy: I'm making it that simple. I quit! I resign! I-I'm fired! You can find someone else to stop The Master from taking over.

Giles: I'm not sure that anyone else can. All the signs indicate...

Buffy: [interrupts] Signs? Read me the signs! Tell me my fortune! You're so useful, sitting here with all of your books! You're really a lot of help!

Giles: No I don't suppose I am.

Angel: I know this is hard.

Buffy: What do you know about this? You're never gonna die!

Angel: You think I want anything to happen to you? Do you think I could stand it? We just gotta figure out a way.

Buffy: I already did. I quit, remember? Pay attention!

Giles: Buffy if The Master rises...

Buffy: [interrupts] I don't care! I don't care. Giles I'm 16 years old, I don't wanna die.
  • stephanniehall
    stephanniehall Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    The Body, so sad.
    Once More With Feeling, but also the next ep. Tabula Rasa, I like to watch them back to back.
    Grave, Xander love saved the day.
  • therealblackdahlia
    therealblackdahlia Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    I just re-watched the entire series (again) *lol* I really like the first three seasons, then things got off track for me...

Best,
    BD
  • Zaftique
    Options
    I can't watch The Body. It hits far too close to home.
    Although between The Body and A Hole in the World (Angel), those are my weepy eps.
  • tristaj90
    Options
    I think buffy was great up to introducing Dawn. I thought Dawn was a stupid whiney character and was unneccessary.. the whole thing with Gloria/Ben pissed me off.
  • Zaftique
    Options
    The funny thing is that when I consider the seasons as a whole, I didn't like Season 5 all that much. But when I sit down and individually rate each episode, S5 occupies a not-insignificant chunk of my top 20 eps. It's weird!
  • tristaj90
    Options
    The funny thing is that when I consider the seasons as a whole, I didn't like Season 5 all that much. But when I sit down and individually rate each episode, S5 occupies a not-insignificant chunk of my top 20 eps. It's weird!

LOL. yeah that tends to happen. There's a lot of good moments in that season, but overall it was a drag of a season. but seeing Spike fall in love with Buffy no matter how hard he tries not to is great.
  • Zaftique
    Options
    Have you read any of the Slayage articles?

http://slayageonline.com/

Some of them are amazing, and the breakdowns of stuff tickle my nerdbone.
  • tristaj90
    Options

no I havent. should check them out! I'm trying to convince hubby to watch the series with me. I did a full out watch of all 7 seasons in 4 weeks in 2008.. but I don't have the time to do it that quick anymore. i would like to re-watch all 7 seasons again.
  • Zaftique
    Options

no I havent. should check them out! I'm trying to convince hubby to watch the series with me. I did a full out watch of all 7 seasons in 4 weeks in 2008.. but I don't have the time to do it that quick anymore. i would like to re-watch all 7 seasons again.

Honestly, taken in one go like that, the seasons even themselves out decently. Even S7 isn't quite as bad if taken all at once with everything else.