What to have on full liquid diet prior to surgery

I am scheduled for surgery on 7 April...I have no idea what to do for the mandatory full liquid diet 1 week prior to surgery other than protein shakes? I have been alternating ensure high protein and atkins atvantage shakes already. Always for breakfast and sometimes for lunch. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Replies

• Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Broth, vitamin zero water, sugar free fudge sicles, sugar free jello jigglers
  • MBSNANA
    MBSNANA Posts: 149 Member
    We were not allowed the ensure drinks. My liquid diet was to be two weeks. After the two week liquid diet my surgery was put off for two weeks because of a severe head cold. Which made me have to do two more weeks of liquid diet. I lived on: sugar free Jell-O, sugar free popsicles, protein drinks, and wonton soup [no noodle just the broth]. But all doctors are different. To be able to chew something we were allowed sugar free gum and Sonic ice. I made it through and you will to. Best of luck to you.
    Kaye:wink:
  • tiffi1979
    tiffi1979 Posts: 4 Member
    Thank You!
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Firts up: check the diet plan your nutritionist will give you and question everything so you understand the limitations your Dr wants you to follow. My plan was for 1 week and I lived on Isopure Clear protein drinks, suger free jello & pudding, chicken broth, ice pops and ensure liquids.