when will I see a size change

Options
I'm 6'3" and I started out at 335...I'm at 318 now about 2 1/2 weeks later. Of course nobody has seen the change, including me! I'm trying to keep motivated and get excited to change sizes. I'm worried I have to lose 50 pound before I see a pants size change. I carry my weight in my behind and tummy. Just looking for input and encouragement. thanks in advance tall girls.

Replies

• einzweidrei
    einzweidrei Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    When you're not looking for it. Seriously. It took me a few months to say, "Hey, I lost weight!" And no one even noticed I lost any weight for a long time.

You need to give it time. Take it slow.
  • loriwarnerpaulsen
    loriwarnerpaulsen Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    thanks. I need to find comfort in just feeling better and not worrying about the res.t thanks for the support.
  • Joiful06
    Options
    This is strictly my opinion as I am 5'10 and have noticed with my on personal experience that it takes about 40-50Ibs to drop a about 2 pants sizes and for any one to really notice. I carry my weight in my hips and thighs so, it will take me about 50Ibs before I can even drop a pants size, although the first 15IBS I already was down one shirts size. I am a mother of three and the birth of my last child (my only boy) has rendered me on a weight loss mission. When I gave birth to both my girls I lost weight effortlessly, and by the way my son will be 3 in September. Blessing and success hope this helps.
  • loriwarnerpaulsen
    Options
    thanks so much. I'm on that same mission and am motivated by my little victories each week. I'm seeing a little change in pants so that is encouraging....tight pants are looser. But for now, I have it feeling it will be 30-40 pounds before I see the change myself. I appreciate your support. I read this at just the right moment!
  • Cocoa_Jean
    Cocoa_Jean Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Gotta love how long it takes us taller ladies to lose a size.. I know when I was really active in college it took like 25 almost thirty pounds to SQUEEZE from a 12 to a 10...dress that is.. it would have taken another 10 for just the pants. Just commit to the long haul and when you look up it will be shopping time!
  • hellomanen
    hellomanen Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    FIRST MOTH you notice the changes SECOND MONTH the closest to you (family, friends u hang out with almost every day) notice them THIRD MONTH the rest of the world! so don't worry! keep on going!
  • Sallybally55
    Sallybally55 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hate to say it but it has taken me about 30 pounds to go down a size (to be fair i was SQUEEZING into things so I prob went down 1 and 1/2 sizes). I also find that the smaller the sizes get, the less pounds I find it takes to go between sizes...

It is frustrating though!
  • loriwarnerpaulsen
    Options
    thanks for the encouragement! I've started to get over needing to "see" the change too quickly and now am trying to focus on just being healthier and generally feeling better
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    It does take awhile for sizes to go down. I am down three sizes after 60 pounds lost from my highest recorded weight.

In the past this used to frustrate me so much, but I now realize that I am tall and big, so it will take time. Patience. Grrrr....

Also important for me is to have realistic expectations. I got down to about 150 pounds in high school in a very unhealthy way. At 6'0 this was too light for me and my body structure. However, even at that low weight I was still a size 12. This really made me angry and I thought "All this work and I'm ONLY a size 12." Man, I was really immature!! Also comparing myself to other, shorter/smaller girls way too much. I am hoping this go around I'm older and wiser.