Lost inches but no weight

Options
I have been doing insanity now for 3 weeks and I have managed to lose about 2.5 inches of my waist but I haven't lost any weight at all? Should I cut down my calorie intake even more?

Replies

• IsabelleD04
    Options
    Hi there :)

I had started Insanity a few months back to get back in shape and lose weight. I stopped for various reasons, none very good, but I remember one thing from my efforts : even though I didn't have the impression of losing weight, I knew I was getting fitter because I could last longer, jump higher, etc...

So don't forget, you might have lost inches on your waist, but muscles can be heavy. So it's normal if you don't lose weight yet! Look at your body, do you think it looks better, more cut, more in shape? If yes, you transformed your fat into muscles, and that isn't easy. Continue with the great work! ;)
  • Gerald_Y
    Options
    Thank you for your reply.

Yeah I can tell the difference as I have been taking photos along the way, I stick to what I have been doing for the next few weeks and see what happens.

I might try to add a little 20 run in the morning before work.
  • IsabelleD04
    Options
    If you think it could help you some more, then go ahead :) But don't forget to grab a little snack after to make sure you don't miss out on your protein and stuff, and it'll help your muscles to heal quicker and better :)
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I have started and stopped Insanity a few times... each time I got past week 4.. I didn't lose a lot of weight but I was getting tone... I have read from many of my friends who have finished that you dont always have weight lose till the second month.. I guess we shall see... I'm starting again tonight with the fit test and praying nothing comes up in my life that I can't handle so I can make it to the end of month 2...
  • Gerald_Y
    Options
    I'm recording everything and will post up the results at the end for everyone to see whether the results are good or bad and I will happily go through everything, my diet, exercise etc...

This will be an honest review
  • Timetogetskinny
    Timetogetskinny Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've done Insanity before and it did what it was suppose to do... it toned my body, gave me more energy and within the first 2 weeks, I had almost a flat tummy!! To me, that was it! I was SOLD! I'm back to running/jogging and it's been great with little to no weight loss.Which, I'm okay with because I've lost in inches and that's a big deal for me! I got up to 5 weeks in and then I had to stop because we where in the process of moving. (Life as it goes on....)

I was looking for another challenge (Just completed a February challenge of 40 miles, I did 60!) and was thinking of doing this again so I'm please to start this again! Looking forward to cheering each other one and what ever you do...

1. Don't give up!
    2. LISTEN to YOUR BODY! (remember, this isn't a race)
    3. Drink Pleanty of WATER! (It's really the Key to weight loss)
    4. Challenge yourself Daily!
    5. REACH FOR YOUR GOAL!

Good Luck to EVERYONE who is up for the Challenge!

ps. If you'd like to add me to your Friends list, send me a request!