Anyone still play WoW?

Options

Replies

• SunOfMan
    SunOfMan Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I started playing a few months after launch and played as if it was a full-time job! I quit raiding towards mid-late WoTLK and then eventually quit playing completely.

I do, however, go back from time to time and actually subscribed again only last week to play with a RL friend.

My home is Aggramar EU, both Horde and Alliance (but mostly Horde!). If anyone in the EU wants to add me then feel free to ask here or send me a MFP friend request! :D
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I am playing just about daily. I use it as a break from getting ready to move, packing up the house, and trying to find a job.

I play Horde on Icecrown now. I was on Sisters of Elune, but the server was dead. Icecrown is not super busy, but at least I see other people. I have an 88 Monk atm.
  • Asheea
    Asheea Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I love WoW! My husband and I played for 7 years and loved it! We started raiding with Kara and stopped just after a few raids into MV. Cata really took it's toll on us and we just needed a break. We love MoP but was too burned out to continue. Our raiding days are done and we look back on those times with fondness. We made a lot of good friends and met a lot of wonderful players (along with not so wonderful ones) We plan on jumping back in soon when our rl plans slow down but just as casuals. Play for fun, run dungeons for fun not because we have to get our valor points for the day stuff. I miss it and want to play but I'm committed to my health and being a better wife and mom before I jump in again.
  • FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I recently got back into WoW (a month ago) after a very long hiatus and am debating on if I want to continue or not. There's still a lot to keep me entertained and occupied, but I'm not sure if it's worth it without the social aspect of a guild/other friends to play with. It's like the ex that I keep going back to because we had such a great relationship for such a long time XD
  • Asheea
    Options
    FitGeekery, I totally understand about the social aspect of it. After DH and I quit playing, two friends quit and then the guild fell apart. Yea, when we get back into the game it can be lonely but I do enjoy the solo time. I can do what I want, don't have to stop chat..etc. I get in, play and leave. I'm more of an introvert so the solo play style really suites me. Heck, DH and I have talked about starting on another realm where people don't know us and "return to our roots" so to speak. Go back 7 years ago when WoW was new to us and start totally over. No big sis to help with bags or gold. Totally do it from scratch.
  • FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm definitely owning my introvertedness a lot more now than when I first started during BC. After the odd and brief returns after my first big 'quit', I came back this time with the same mindset. When I first started playing I was only interested in the solo aspects.

When I came back this time around I did a sort of mini reset for myself. Moved one of my 2 original characters back to Alliance where I originally started and it's been fun rediscovering it. I've been playing Horde for years after my WoW "Golden Age" ended so it's been fun going back to my roots and dusting off memories of the good ol' days :)
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I used to be a WoW addict, especially during the burning crusade and northrend. That's a big part of why I gained 30 pounds and eventually joined MFP. I definitely miss the game but don't have time to start playing again right now. Be careful, it's more addictive than crack!
  • Asheea
    Options
    Be careful, it's more addictive than crack!

Amen to that!!

The pull is almost too much! If you haven't heard of Peter Hollens you should check him and his wife out. They do A cappella covers and originals songs. They released World of Warcraft Medley and I almost can't resist the siren's call!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXquxaHT2V8&list=PLFF3F248AC60CF19E

Also his version of Ed Sheeran - I See Fire from The Hobbit makes me think of Deathwing. I can't help it. I remember the screen turning red and fire raining down where ever he passed. Got the achievement "Stood in the Fire." :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yymS1Pb7JfM&list=PLFF3F248AC60CF19E&feature=c4-overview-vl

Help me resist!!! I'm weak and want to play!!
  • kmarshalljansen
    kmarshalljansen Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I play a Human Warlock on Borean Tundra, but haven't been on much recently... after I 'killed' Garrosh, I started playing an alt, and then Christmas took me out of the game for a while, but I plan to go back soon.
  • octoberlightning
    Options
    I am seriously addicted to WoW! :) I play every single day if I have any free time. I got 3 90's on the Duskwood realm (tauren hunter, belf priest and belf mage...and almost have a belf pally at 90). I'm an altoholic it seems as well lol I got lots of toons that I play constantly so I'm surprised I have 3 90s. I usually raid mostly once I get my ilvl high enough on my 90s. Other than that, I quest and do randoms...I seriously suck at pvp so I'll stick with pve lol. If anyone wants to add me to their friends list, my battle id is spellweaver#1296. Hope to see some of y'all on there! :)
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    I am seriously addicted to WoW! :) I play every single day if I have any free time. I got 3 90's on the Duskwood realm (tauren hunter, belf priest and belf mage...and almost have a belf pally at 90). I'm an altoholic it seems as well lol I got lots of toons that I play constantly so I'm surprised I have 3 90s. I usually raid mostly once I get my ilvl high enough on my 90s. Other than that, I quest and do randoms...I seriously suck at pvp so I'll stick with pve lol. If anyone wants to add me to their friends list, my battle id is spellweaver#1296. Hope to see some of y'all on there! :)

I might just see you on there. If I can pry myself away from farming multiplayer characters on Mass Effect 3, I might pick up playing again. I'd like to get all my toons to 90 on Duskwood before the next xpac.
  • juulzm
    juulzm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yup! Just about every day... My current main is a resto shammie Juules @ Anvilmar

Such a good stress reliever and a way to keep those hands occupied when the weather is below zero and the food is calling my name.

Hit me up if you like.... Dots#1825
  • Polygontus
    Polygontus Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I play every other week when I can. On Norgannon ((I think that's how you spell it)) I play my Human Monk, Tailax and my Dranei DK, Nikolana. I also have a Human Pally, Polygontus I like on Khaz'Goroth. Some horde on Rexxar.
  • Xsadia
    Xsadia Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    No one from EU?

I'm EU - Defias Brotherhood Horde atm..BUT my sub just ran out and I'm tempted to try and take a break for a little while :(
  • DP325i
    DP325i Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Zag on US- Zuluhed =] my 557 Hpally and 5 other 90s
    My other main Aaero on US-Aerie Peak 549 Surv Hunt

Feel free to btag me Derick32890#1804
  • RINat612
    RINat612 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I started WoW at launch and quit right after BC. Did come back during cata for a bit but quit again. I now play with my brother, his fiance, my wife, and some friends on Molten-WoW Cata Sargeras server for free.
  • DrNerdy
    DrNerdy Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm still playing WOW. If any Ally's are on Anetheron, let me know!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Trying to decide on an alt. Right now my main is a Windwalker Monk, which I love, but I am tried of straight up melee DPS. I am in full Timeless (minus rings) but not upgraded. I have been doing some raids here and there and faction grinding (Order of the Cloud Serpent, Black Prince, Anglers, and the Farm). I just want a character that is NOT melee DPS and can be soloed or teamed up as needed.

Right now my main options are:
    Warlock (Destro/Demon)
    Hunter (Marks/Beast)
    Priest (Shadow/Holy)

I also have a Deathknight (Frost 2h/Blood), but I would be back in the melee again with them.

Any suggestions.
  • brendamkay
    brendamkay Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    <
    Yes :)

Greymane server, Alliance!
  • brewji
    brewji Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Used to play from the WoW Alpha, all the way through Cata (didn't like it so much), then bought MoP and it felt so watered down. I can't enjoy the game after they changed the talent trees, and the fact that I can solo things like Blood Furnace with a 60 Pally, including the bosses.