Hi i'm new to Mfp

Options
My name is Matt I was sleeved on Jan 16 2013 I have returned to work as cook and wow not easy lost thirty put back 8lbs but I'm on the rebound now head to the gym for light workouts until given the official word.

Replies

• Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved 11-20-13. Down 63 lbs, feel free to look at my diary, it is open. Best advice is measure your food and stick to the 70%protein,25% veg-no potato,5%starch diet plan they gave you. Though it says 1200 on my MFP my actual calories set by my nutritionist is 750-850. I stick to that and I lose 2-3 lbs a wk. Good luck!
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hi Matt

I was sleeved September 12, 2013. I would say that the most important thing is to hold yourself accountable. Track your food and make sure you are getting your protein in.

I am not quite 6 months yet so my calories are still pretty low 500-700 depending on the day.

You can do this!!!
  • MillieA53
    MillieA53 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have found that walking has been a key to helping me lose consistently. I was sleeved on 12-12-13. and have lost 33 since then( 57 in total) I did not go far at first, but i did it every day. Now I am up to 4 miles a day 6-7 days a week. Protein is the key, as it does make you feel full and stays with you longer. I plan my snacks, and carry protein packs with me, so if I somewhere I cannot get somethingwoth alot of protein, I can add my beneprotein powder to my food, and add it to my water with crystal light. Helps me get over the cravings. You can do it, stay the course!
  • matthewsantana965
    Options
    Thanks!
  • VaingloriousVictoria
    VaingloriousVictoria Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! :)
  • ChefBH
    ChefBH Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi...I understand the difficulty of working around food constantly. I suggest you try keeping a protein drink on the line with you so you can sip that throughout the day/night and keep cravings away. i think keeping protein easily on hand with you will be key.