Options
post your scores

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Convinced myself to do the open this year. Scary!

Completed 14.1 today. I got 94 reps, which is two rounds a few. Weight was no problem but this is a big NSV for me because it's the first time I strung double unders together successfully. I even got to 10 in one clip!
  • itsagr8daytolift
    itsagr8daytolift Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    3 rounds + 37

Scaled my double unders to singles.....still can't string them together :frown:

There's three things I struggle with the most, strict pull ups, double under's and snatches.....I laughed when I saw what the WOD was.
  • sayhitostephz
    sayhitostephz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    3 rounds + 58 single unders

Our box scales double unders to singles unders at a 2:1 ratio, so I was doing 60 single unders every round (because I cannot do even 1 double under!!!).

Snatch was no biggie, but double unders are one of my goats.
  • KellyL23
    KellyL23 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    179 - very surprised how fast I got winded. Need to work on my endurance. But very fun - glad I signed up!
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    5 rounds but modified as I'm a newbie!!

90 single unders
    15 snatch with a 15kg plate
  • DJStewie
    DJStewie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    215 reps (4 rounds plus 35)

LOVE this workout! I may do it again on Monday just for fun, and to try to complete the 5th round. I was only 10 reps away.
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Score: 77 (2 full rounds of double-unders; 1 full round of snatches +2)

**Double-Unders have never been easy for me . . . I have been doing singles (x3) for WODs, but you can't for the Open. So I sucked it up and got through them (Rx'd) by getting done one at a time w/ even a few strung together. **Will be working on them now !!

**Snatches went great and I'd wish 14.1 called for 30 of them and 15 for the double-unders . . . a guy can dream.

Good Luck to everyone !!!
  • shaypearl
    shaypearl Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I did not sign up but I did do the WOD. My end results were 2 full round + 6 snatches. I'm going to try it again on Monday also to see if I can improve my results.
  • cmay89
    cmay89 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    259 reps as rx'd! Made my goal of first two rounds unbroken then started getting a little frustrated with the double unders. My forearms were toast afterwards!

Gonna give it another shot Monday most likely. Got my sights set on 300+ reps.
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    117...kinda displeased, debating doing it again but not really sure I'd fair better with the DUs...
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    105. I don't really have unbroken DU's so it was brutal. I'm not doing the Open but we had a choice today of doing 14.1 or a diff WOD since we actually did 14.1 on Wed. at my box because it was previously 11.1. LOL. So we did same WOD twice this week.

I had 4 rounds when I did singles on Wed. but today I was really just working on my DU's and RXing. Life will be so much easier with DU's in check! The only way I'm going to get good at doing them unbroken is forcing myself not to scale in WODs, so while my score was low, I feel l accomplished something and I am glad my coach pushed me to do 14.1 as Rx'd instead of a different metcon or scaling. I've been doing CrossFit for 4 months, so I am happy with how my DU's are coming along, I guess.:glasses:
  • kelly_e_montana
    Options
    259 reps as rx'd! Made my goal of first two rounds unbroken then started getting a little frustrated with the double unders. My forearms were toast afterwards!

Gonna give it another shot Monday most likely. Got my sights set on 300+ reps.

Get it girl! Awesome.
  • kelly_e_montana
    Options
    Convinced myself to do the open this year. Scary!

Completed 14.1 today. I got 94 reps, which is two rounds a few. Weight was no problem but this is a big NSV for me because it's the first time I strung double unders together successfully. I even got to 10 in one clip!

Great job! I got up to 9. I'm with you on this being good DU practice.
  • celah13
    celah13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is my first year doing the open. I'm pretty happy with my performance, I got 102. Which is pretty good considering double unders finally clicked for me about 45 minutes before my heat started, lol. I hadn't been able to do them before tonight. Woohoo.
  • alysa521
    alysa521 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I did it last night and got 5 rounds + 3 DU rx'd, or 228 total. I may do it again tomorrow I haven't decided I guess we'll see how I'm my calves and forearms are feeling :) My doubleunders got pretty bad after about round 2 averaging only 5-10 per set so it really slowed me down. I'd really like to finish 6 full rounds.
  • itsagr8daytolift
    itsagr8daytolift Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do this one twice, once RX and then again with singles just got get a sense of the volume and cardio burn.
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    98 reps . I need to work on my DUs. I got a couple a few weeks ago and none again till last night. In warm-up, I got a rhythm of 3 singles 1 double and strung about 3 or 4 of those together but once the WOD started I couldn't find it again and got frustrated. My judge was generous in what he counted as a rep for DU which is why I got as many reps as I did. I'm not signed up for the open but my box is doing the open wod on fridays. Even if you're not signed up for the open, you're still doing it if you show up that day.
  • ahemming1
    ahemming1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    219 - Debating on doing it again tomorrow. Dubs got better in 2/3 round.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    ^well done!

96 today. Had to do the DUs one at a time I just could not get any strung together. Going to do it tomorrow with single unders and again in 3 months after I have DUs better.