Do You Use Vega One Products/Shakes?

Options
2»

Replies

• flashbacks
    flashbacks Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Vega products are great, I gotta admit I'm not the biggest fan of their nutritional shake, I would recommend order them in sample on their website so you know which one you really like ( it would be unfortunate to spend 60$ on a product you aren't going to use.)

Vega sports shake are higher in protein and taste better in my opinion ( only tried vanilla and chocolate)
    I like their protein smoothies better too ( Only tried chocolate),

Vega one nutritional shake offers more nutritional benefits but if you're only aiming for more protein then I personally wouldn't go with that one.
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I like Sunwarrier better. The Vega vanilla is OK but I did not like the others, especially the berry.
  • bluenice
    bluenice Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use Vega One. My preference is to blend it with soy milk and a banana (preferably a frozen banana), and - because there is one taste in it that I don't enjoy - I like to add about 1Tb of Dandy-Blend and 1/2 Tb coconut oil, which masks the objectionable taste very well (you could probably use cocoa powder or the like instead of Dandy-Blend, but Dandy-Blend is a nice product too). Especially if you use a frozen banana (I have a Vitamix, which blends things beautifully), it's a thick, chocolately shake that I enjoy. And the Vega Sport Performance mix gives you 25g. of protein per scoop for 120 calories, which is great.
  • SleepySin
    SleepySin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Vega is a good product, there's no doubt about that. Just a bit overhyped and overpriced in my opinion.

I'm currently going through a bag of SunWarrior Warrior Blend. When I'm done with it, I'm going back to my preferred standard. I use truenutrition.com to create my own custom vegan protein mixes. Flavors, sweetness, supplements, protein sources and just about anything can be customized with them. Also, the price can't be beat. My mixes usually cost just under $7/lb.
  • mrtobias50
    mrtobias50 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I like the Chocolate and French Vanilla Vega One flavors the best. I often use them as a quick breakfast when I am headed for the gym. I just use water and a shaker bottle. I have also used the Vega One Bars in Chocolate. Be warned that they have more calories and fat but they can be a treat meal for post workout.

The shakes are great to use when traveling as a quick meal when I cannot find anything decent to eat.

I checked my containers for the recall when the word came out but I did not have them.

I like their website and Brendan Frazier's Books are also helpful. I am not a pro athlete but I want to act like one - more motivation!!
  • HappyVeganKitty
    HappyVeganKitty Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I learned how to make Vega One tasty (to me at least) In a blender, throw in 1/2 to a full med Banana (depends on your calorie needs 1/2 has about 55 cals) 1/2 a scoop of Vega vanilla or chocolate (it's expensive!) 1 TBSP of Peanut flour (or PB2) or regular nut butter if you are not concerned about the fat/cals. Blend with ice and unsweetened almond milk. NOTE Vega is sweetened with stevia, some indviduals need time to adjust to this and find it bitter, I reccomend using stevia in things like tea to help adjust to it, after about a week I couldn't taste the bitter anymore just the sweet.
  • OneImaginaryGirl
    OneImaginaryGirl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I use the Vega protein powder with frozen fruit and unsweetened or vanilla soy milk and water. I don't like it when the shake is too sweet, which is why I use half water and half soy milk.
    Usually I use strawberries, mango and banana *(all frozen) to add flavor. I make it pretty thick - I think the banana helps with thickening the texture.
  • dropdeadmandy
    Options
    I just started using a pea protein from Nutrasumma. I paid $25 for a 2 lb tub. Its cheaper than Vega and comparable in taste to the pricier Vega or PlantFusion. Plus they make vanilla, chocolate, apple pie and cookies and cream flavor. Im just waiting on our local supplement shop to get the apple pie flavor in.

When i was using Vega or PlantFusion though i just blended mine with soymilk and three bananas. Yummy.
  • PeaceLoveTrees
    PeaceLoveTrees Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I tired Vega One and didn't like it, well that's an understatement, I almost threw it up. I've used the vegan Shakeology (also very expensive) but am now using AmazingGrass. I love it, I got the pomegranate mango flavor. I make it with coconut water and frozen mango and I think it's super delicious and refreshing.
  • hellokittyhorror
    hellokittyhorror Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    As a few others have mentioned, I prefer Plant Fusion. I get the plain flavor and add things to it. A lot of the time I mix it alone with unsweetened almond milk & it's quite tasty. I found Vega odd-tasting and too sweet.
  • MeanieD
    MeanieD Posts: 79
    Options
    It's good, but I found that RAW Protein is cheaper and has more protein. I usually wait until it goes on sale and then use a $5 off coupon at Whole Foods.
  • lovelee79
    lovelee79 Posts: 362
    Options
    I really like Vega. The all in one vanilla chai tastes wonderful. And I also like the vega sport chocolate flavor. Yes they are very expensive, but I think it high quality so probably worth it. :)