supplements for PCOS

Options
Wondering what supplements people take. I do not take metformin (I'm a little afraid of it) and want to take some supplements to help with PCOS issues (facial hair, hair loss, hormones, etc). I currently take Biotin for my hair but want to know about anything else. I'm hoping it can help my weight loss to balance some things out.

Replies

• CMenendez
    CMenendez Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Wish I had some ideas but I don't. So i would like to see what others think as well.
  • mecq77
    mecq77 Posts: 5
    Options
    My doctor reccomended pregnitude since I did not like metformin
  • Vls827
    Options
    Some supplements that I'm looking into:

D-Chiro-Inositol
    Pregnitude
    FertilAid
    Saw Palmetto

Amazon reviews are great for finding supplements. Just search PCOS or fertility, if that's your goal.

Good luck!
  • karran12
    karran12 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just started (literally today) taking Chormium Picolinate and yesterday I ordered Inositol powder. I'll let you know what the powder is like once I get it. My husband and I decided that I'll try the supplements for a month and see if they help with weightloss and general side effects of PCOS. I also take a prenatal vitamin everyday...just some ideas from a newbie :)
  • charoverbeek
    Options
    Hi Ladys.
    I take Estrosmart and glucosmart from Lorna Vanderhuigh (sp?) too tired to check lol...
    I'm also taking a liquid vitamin from awareness life called daily complete also from day 14 of my cycle till day 1 I use progesterone cream, helps regulate periods and moods and fatigue. I'm also drinking awareness lifes protein shakes! All the above are all natural. The shakes are boy dairy and gluten free. I've lost 22 pounds so far, about 100-120 more to go!!! What a long journey!
  • steffi38
    steffi38 Posts: 8
    Options
    Just curious. Why does nobody like metformin?