30 day shred...

Options
SSAHM
SSAHM Posts: 172 Member
Ok for you ladies that have done this during your first trimester what modifications did you make? What size weights did you use, did you drop back? Only planning on sticking wwith level 1. Did you find it helped to keep you in reasonable shape?

Replies

• TipTopMMR
    TipTopMMR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I kept it as is first trimester; I did it a few times (I had been doing it as part of a larger routine for awhile).
    I think you should go with your feelings throughout; the jumping may become a bit much as time goes on. Of course, ask your doc, too!
    Good luck!
    PS:
  • KF1216
    KF1216 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm 20 weeks and still doing this and Ripped in 30 a couple/three times per week. I honestly haven't made any modifications yet, though am keeping it at level one and I will take quick rest breaks if I need them. I use 5lb weights. I find Ripped in 30 more challenging, but I get through the workout fairly easily - though last time I did it I was pretty worn out the rest of the day :-/
  • katey_my_lady
    katey_my_lady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I did level one in my sixth week without any need to modify the moves, but listen to your body! If you want a bit more of a challenge, her Body Revolution DVDs are also really good.
  • momRN2B
    momRN2B Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I did "the 30 day shred" till about 6 weeks pregnant then i switched to Joy Southworth "body by Trimester" DVDs since it was the most similiar type of workout, just with pregnant women in mind. I didn't want to worry about doing something potentially harmful and having to figure out my own modifications. I did the "Body by Trimester" DVDs about 4-5 days a week my entire pregnancy (last workout was at the end of 39 weeks). I kept myself fit and toned throughout the pregnancy and I am now 6 weeks postpartum and only have about an inch to lose all around to get to my pre-pregnancy size. I cant wait to start doing formal workouts again and lift some weights. I bought her postnatal edition as well and cant wait to try it out. Here is a link to the DVDs I mentioned
    http://www.amazon.com/Pregnancy-Fitness-Dvd-Trimester-February/dp/B0079QDAFK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393973603&sr=8-1&keywords=body+by+trimester