End of Bulk results

Options
pandorakick
pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
Last week I've been holding steady at maintenance and yesterday I started cutting after 21 weeks of bulking. Here are the stats!

Length: 1.65 m (5'5")
Bulk duration: 21 weeks
Average gain rate: 0.33 kg / week

Weight: 54 kg (119 lbs) -> 60.9 kg (134.3 lbs) = + 6.9 kg
Waist: 69 cm -> 73.5 cm = + 4.5 cm
Belly button: 77 cm -> 83 cm = + 6 cm
Hips: 82,5 cm -> 92 cm = + 9.5 cm
Thigh: 52 cm -> 57 cm = + 5 cm
Bicep (not flexed): 25 cm -> 28 cm = + 3 cm

It seems like most of the extra weight has gone to my hips and (possibly) butt. The pictures below do show that:

B1W1-21_front_small.jpg

B1W1-21_back_small.jpg

Will see if anything of this added mass actually sticks..

Anyway, loved doing this bulk, because it made me deal with food in a whole different way then before. I didn't have to up my intake very much to gain the weight (from 2000 kcal netto to 2300-2400), but it did make it easier to deal with snacks. Knowing that the impact from that isn't that big when looked at the whole picture is a relieve in some way.
It also showed me that I have my TDEE numbers nailed pretty spot on, which is on the one hand a bit depressing (Come one, only 2000 kcal per day, including lifting!) but on the other hand nice to know with some certainty where I stand.

For now I'm cutting at a very conservative deficit with a 1800 kcal daily netto intake (including lifting, excluding cardio). In September I will certainly start my second bulk!

Replies

• TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Damn, girl, I'm impressed! And jealous! You can definitely see some gains--I hope that new muscle sticks around during your cut. You've earned it!!!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Nice work! It sure doesn't look like you gained 15lbs! Did you go up a pant size? Are you planning on starting September 1st? If so, I'll be ready to go with you!
  • yogaga1
    yogaga1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! Thanks for sharing!
  • pandorakick
    Options
    Nice work! It sure doesn't look like you gained 15lbs! Did you go up a pant size? Are you planning on starting September 1st? If so, I'll be ready to go with you!
    Actually I went up 2 pant sizes...

And yes, September 1st is the plan!
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I'm so impressed that you stuck with it for 21 weeks! Great job! So inspirational!
  • jdaley90
    jdaley90 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! SO proud of you :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Actually I went up 2 pant sizes...

And yes, September 1st is the plan!

that seems about right- 10-15 lbs seems like 2 sizes. That's the way it was on the way down for me- and how it seems for me going on the way back up.

I'm super sad- can't see the pictures- but can see measurements obviously!! Good job you!!! :)

can't wait to see the results of the cut!!!
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Great job on sticking it through!
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I think you look better in the 2nd picture...not fluffy, just curvy.
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!!!
    I think your thighs look more muscular for sure!
  • pandorakick
    Options
    I think you look better in the 2nd picture...not fluffy, just curvy.
    To be honest, I think so too :wink:

I didn't have the muscle mass before to pull of the low BF look. I do want to cut down on the fat a bit though, because this stomach roll makes me feel less then optimal :blushing:
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    all that new muscle looks really good on you! Well done!
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    NICE JOB!!!!