Breakfast ideas!

ajzmann
ajzmann Posts: 147 Member
Hi gals, I'm new to this group (but excited to find it!) I'm nursing my three and a half month old, and I've got a goal of making it to a year. I went back to work a few weeks ago and was all set with my oatmeal every morning but (a) it's too difficult to eat on the fly in the morning and (b) I'm SO tired of eating oatmeal.

Any other breakfast suggestions for a working mom wanting to keep her supply up?

(P.S. I'm so over pumping already!)

Replies

• ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    I am no longer working but I used to grab a premade all natural juice (like Naked or Bolt House) and add in ground flax. I drank that at my desk and ate 2 hard boiled eggs at home on days I couldn't do oatmeal. As a morning snack, I drank nursing teas and had lactation cookies.

I pumped for 10 months, so I understand your pain!
  • tracybilal
    tracybilal Posts: 51 Member
    Im breast feeding my 4month old.i eat semolina boiled in milk and that helps my supply.
  • tseabee
    tseabee Posts: 22
    My favorite snack or breakfast, No Bake Energy Bites! They are addicting!!!

2 cups oatmeal
    1 cup peanut butter
    2/3 cup honey
    2 cups coconut flakes
    1 cup ground flax seed or wheat germ (you don't have to put this in, I put the honey crunch wheat germ in if I have it on hand)
    1 cup mini chocolate chips
    2 teaspoons vanilla
    (I also add some cinnamon)

Directions:

Mix everything above in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour. Once chilled, roll into balls and enjoy! Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week. You can also put some in the freezer but mine don't last that long in the house because my whole family loves them!
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    So long as you keep your calories up & drink an insane amount of water, you should be just fine regardless of what you have for breakfast - so give yourself some variety! Oatmeal is a great booster for times that your supply has dipped or baby is going through a growth spurt (increased demand), but you certainly don't need it every single day!
  • kozlow27
    kozlow27 Posts: 53 Member
    I've been making these muffins a lot lately. You could add flax and brewers yeast, I'm sure, and that would help with supply. They are super yummy and healthy.

http://www.emilybites.com/2012/01/banana-chocolate-chip-baked-oatmeal.html?m=1
  • ajzmann
    You gals are awesome! Thank you for the suggestions!
  • anahdz1306
    anahdz1306 Posts: 23 Member
    I'm crazy about smoothies. You can add spinach Kale flaxseed brewers yeast oatmeal whatever super delicious. And easy to carry. My advice would be use just a little brewers yeast or else you'll feel like your drinking some kind of smoothie beer. If you decide to try a smoothie use a good amount of fruit to cover up the taste of the spinach and kale. With practice you'll get it right. Hope I've helped
  • ajzmann
    I'm crazy about smoothies. You can add spinach Kale flaxseed brewers yeast oatmeal whatever super delicious. And easy to carry. My advice would be use just a little brewers yeast or else you'll feel like your drinking some kind of smoothie beer. If you decide to try a smoothie use a good amount of fruit to cover up the taste of the spinach and kale. With practice you'll get it right. Hope I've helped

Yes, good help! I am not sure why I forget about smoothies, but that's a great idea. Smoothie beer. Haaa!
  • carstekj
    carstekj Posts: 25 Member
    I love having a CLIF bar for breakfast. The protein keeps me fuller, longer... I know there are better options out there, but the Clif bar is what works for me, it's easy, portable and delicious! My supply has been doing well too. My baby is 6months now :-) Good luck! PS> I hate pumping too!