what can we talk about?

Options
to take our minds off the never ending cold?

beer? :)

Angie

Replies

• DargDog
    DargDog Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Always up for a good beer.....conversation :).

My current go to beer, when I have it in stock, is Yeungling. I always pick up a case or two when I am in Ohio; wish it was sold in IN!!

I tried the new Busch Copper, pretty good stuff. At $8 for a 12 pack, it is a bargain!

Looking forward to the Shamrock Run on the 15th, Beer at the Start/Finish and each kilometer. Over 3000 signed up so far.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

When I was in Louisville two weeks ago, it got to almost 60 one day and I heard spring peepers (frogs) chiming away! I have seen a couple of bewildered robins as well. Sandhill cranes are moving north as well-love hearing their call from the sky.

Daylight savings starts Sunday morning so we will have an hour more of sunlight at the end of the day (but dark until almost 8am again).
  • coopscoopc
    coopscoopc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Daylight savings starts Sunday morning so we will have an hour more of sunlight at the end of the day (but dark until almost 8am again).
    [/quote]

Ugh! Still not sure if I like the daylight savings time yet. How many years has it been??? :drinker:
  • Ebcanada
    Ebcanada Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    An ice cold beer on a hot summer day...everything about that sounds nice. I've been shoveling in calories and lifting weights all winter, so sadly I don't think beer is a good idea for me as I need to loose the excess lbs for summer.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I have tried tons of different beers and don't care for beer. .....However, I will take a cold Margarita!

At least there aren't zombies walking around while we try to shovel! -The Walking Dead <3
  • CAS317
    CAS317 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE beer! Beer is best on a nice summer evening while sitting at Victory Field watching the Indians play while the sun sets! My idea of a perfect time.
  • aeverton
    aeverton Posts: 359
    Options
    A beer at Victory Field is the best. Love me some baseball.
    Thanks to my husband I've been on a dos equis amber kick....mmm, good!

I'm not a fan of DST. I know it's only an hour, but I don't like the change.

I've seen the cranes as well- love hearing their calls. I'm anxious for the sounds of summer!

Angie
  • srr728
    srr728 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I cant wait for some *kitten* and beer outside
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I've been dedicated to Porters and Stouts all winter, but it will soon be time to cut back to brown ales and possibly an occasional lager..
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    There are tons of great local breweries.

Three Wise Men
    Bier Brewery
    Black Acre
    Flat 12
    Triton
    Fountain Square Brewing
    Sun King
    Indiana City

Plus all of these that are scheduled to open soon...
    http://www.indystar.com/story/money/industries/real-estate/2014/01/22/bottoms-up-12-indy-area-brewers-target-2014-openings/4778279/

My palate is not that refined but I have to say most are pretty good. I'm a huge fan of Triton on the east side.

Could someone organize a half marathon with a different "hydration" station at each mile stocked with a different local craft beer?
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I cant wait for some *kitten* and beer outside

This. Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat is the perfect outdoor, summer beer. Perfect for drinking while grilling and playing bags!
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    There are tons of great local breweries.

Three Wise Men
    Bier Brewery
    Black Acre
    Flat 12
    Triton
    Fountain Square Brewing
    Sun King
    Indiana City

Plus all of these that are scheduled to open soon...
    http://www.indystar.com/story/money/industries/real-estate/2014/01/22/bottoms-up-12-indy-area-brewers-target-2014-openings/4778279/

My palate is not that refined but I have to say most are pretty good. I'm a huge fan of Triton on the east side.

Could someone organize a half marathon with a different "hydration" station at each mile stocked with a different local craft beer?

I went to several of those on the Indy Brew Bus last summer with a group... It was a blast.. I especially recommend it if you stay at a hotel afterwards (where the bus drops you off), so you don't have to worry about getting home.. :)
    http://www.indybrewbus.com/
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    Well, just thought I'd post SOMETHING... since it's been dead in here...

Now that the weather seems to have finally turned, anyone prep'ing for any good races or rides?

Kathy and I are going to Zoo-de-Mack in Northern Michigan for that 50 mile ride/party next month.... :)
  • Ebcanada
    Ebcanada Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    10:45 start time this Saturday for the Spartan. The Zoo-de-Mack looks fun. I've been wanting to get more into biking this year.