What's your exercise of choice?

Options
I thought we could use a fresh topic. I'm curious, what's your exercise of choice? I take an Aqua Fit class twice a week and Zumba twice a week. I've also spent time on a treadmill, walking only, I'm not ready to jog. Hands down, my choice is Zumba! I have always loved dancing and although my Zumba class reminds me a little of the Oliva Newton-John aerobics of the 80's, it's still a mix of dancing and Oliva's "Let's get physical" routine. Love it! Maybe I'll go find a cool head band for my next Zumba class. :blushing:

Replies

• TansieEye
    TansieEye Posts: 25
    Options
    I am a roller dancer. It's like ballroom but on skates. I skate 5 days a week, usually 2-3 hours.
  • Veronikkka
    Veronikkka Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am not doing much at the moment, as I feel weak. Iam new and my body still adjusting to less food I used to eat.
    I swim 2- 3 times a week, increasing my laps slowly, and I do back / core stretching, strengthening excessive every 2, 3rd day. Walking slowly before bed as well if I was not too busy at work, some days I ran at work as a heedless chicken, then I do just stretching.
  • Jin_m
    Jin_m Posts: 4
    Options
    .:smile:
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Try walking 4 dogs at once- THAT'LL get your hear rate up! :laugh:
    I love to walk and can do so for hours at a time, happily.
    I also enjoy yoga and have started adding weight training back into my routine as well.

I find that I get bored with most videos pretty quickly, so I tend to not buy them as they become paper weights within a few months.

Variety and mixing it up seems to work best for me.
  • Tracydpips
    Tracydpips Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I do a real mix...Zumba, step, yoga, body balance, LBT, gym cardio and weights, body pump...I work shifts so have to work it around that, I enjoy them all when I am there but sometimes have to drag myself!
  • Stacyschim
    Stacyschim Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Jazzercise, softball, volleyball, walking and hiking, anything fun
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I weight train with heavy weights 3x per week, cardio 3x per week, 20-30 min of yoga to stretch after each workout. Sometimes I toss in a yoga class on a cardio day. I lovelovelove the gym!. :)
  • schonsdragon
    schonsdragon Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I love to hike trails.

I really like the ones that are a bit off the beaten path but also like urban trails as well. I love the feeling of exploring my world under my own power at my own pace.
  • Mandi5Dogs
    Mandi5Dogs Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love my elliptical, but have just started going to Spin classes also. I like anything that gets my endorphins pumping! :)
  • jkmccrea1
    Options
    If I could do only one exercise ever, it would be walking. I can walk for miles and miles. I also love to ride my bike, it reminds me of when I was a kid and the freedom a bike provided. Then there is swimming, which has a meditative effect on me. If only I had a pool in my backyard I would swim everyday. The past year I've been learning to become a runner. I love a challenge. I would like to run a 1/2 marathon this year, but first things first. Aside from walking, biking, swimming and running, I enjoy zumba and belly dancing. It is fun and doesn't feel like exercise.
  • midwestdawn
    midwestdawn Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Walking. I love to walk, and have walked two 20Ks and two half marathons. I'd like to add some jogging intervals once I lose about 20 pounds, but for now I'm happy walking. I recently started strength training and enjoy that, too.
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    During Spring to Late fall I enjoy walking at our local trail almost daily, round trip its close to 4 miles and at times I'll jog a bit of it. I like incorporating weight lifting I just don't keep a good schedule with that though.

I also enjoy Zumba but don't attend regularly, haven't used the treadmill or stationary bike in months.
  • scispence
    scispence Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Walking is my go to, but I also do Tae Bo (the old school kind with Billy Blanks in Spandex) in my basement sometimes and I go to group training twice a week. The group training really kicks my butt so if I just do a brisk walk the rest of the week I'm happy, And yoga on Sunday.
  • survivor1952
    survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Walking is my main exercise but lately I have started putting on the "music Choice" channel on TV to the reagae channel & dancing (ok maybe not real dancing but moving to the reagae beat) Find a style of music that really gets you wanting to get up & move. And I am going to find where I stored my old pilate DVD's & restart doing them.
  • kerrihmiller
    kerrihmiller Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love to do Yoga in the evenings to unwind, but I also jog for cardio.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Korean Martial arts, my favorite sport of all time, and weight lifting with the DH. I'm a blue belt in MA (intermediate). I keep telling myself the weight lifting is important to for sparring just to get myself to do it! I do MA 3xs a week 1-1/2 hours and weight lifting/abs 2xs a week for 1 hr. I never workout on Sundays and rarely on Wednesday.
  • posbey
    posbey Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I walk every day. I just started doing Zumba and I love it. It's fun. I also love to dance to music (random music and dance for about 40 minutes). Now it's warm, I'm back on track with my dancing!
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    lol the treadmill got some action recently!!
  • mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I strength train 3 days a week and on the other days I mix up the cardio (Adaptive Motion Trainer, Climber, Elliptical, treadmill and bike)
  • sdps720
    sdps720 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    treadmill daily but I also get bored with a routine so I have several videos saved on YouTube that help me with my workouts. You can find anything on there!