SOOOO Many DOMS! :(

Options
Hi all, I know that there is no quick fix for DOMS, but mine are so bad from Fridays WOD (my third session after on ramp) that I am having to miss todays WOD, and I am gutted!

Prevention is obviously the best thing, but how do you know when you are pushing yourself too far?? At the time the workout felt hard but perfectly managable, but two days later and I had the mobility of a robot! :(

Replies

• Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Don't miss today's WOD. Go tell your coaches how sore you are and they will (should) teach you the mobility exercise to help allievate it. As well, the workout will get blood pumping and that is one of the best things for DOM. It may not be your best WOD but it is better than not going. You need to make sure you are rolling and stretching both before and after the workout. Hot epson salt baths help until you get used to it. BTW I have been doing this since beginning of December and I am sore most of the time, however it is tolerable because I roll before and after, and if needed at home. Good luck (take some ibrupren sp?)
  • itsagr8daytolift
    itsagr8daytolift Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    ^^ This! Hands down, the best solution for me was to keep moving. My coach warned me about this-and suggested not to skip a WOD because of DOMS-instead, go lighter if needed. Usually after my warm ups I started feeling better. My first week, I couldn't roll out of bed lol. Stick with it-you'll be happy you did.
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Agree with the 2 posts above . . . Talk to your coaches/trainers and they will scale the WOD for you. In addition, increasing your time spent streching and focussed mobility in the specfic areas of soreness will greatly assist you. Like the others, I have also found that after my warm-ups, my body was feeling better.

*You may also want to talk to your coaches/trainers about pre and post WOD nutrition - It may also help you with recovery.
  • jordymils
    jordymils Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    *You may also want to talk to your coaches/trainers about pre and post WOD nutrition - It may also help you with recovery.

Couldn't agree more. Getting in some quality protein and carbs both before and after training should make a significant difference not only to your performance, but to your recovery as well. Also make sure you're drinking enough water and getting enough sleep, and as the others said don't let your stretching and mobility work slip - it works wonders!!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Getting better?
  • dragonflyjill
    dragonflyjill Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Excuse my ignorance but what are DOM's?
  • jordymils
    jordymils Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Excuse my ignorance but what are DOM's?

DOMS = delayed onset muscle soreness. AKA the soreness you feel the day after a good workout :)
  • dragonflyjill
    dragonflyjill Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thanks!:smile: