Hello all!!!

Options
Lola7791
Lola7791 Posts: 85 Member
Today is my second day doing pts plus. Excited to get to know some of you and encourage!!

Replies

• tlog73
    tlog73 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Good luck! :) I'm sure you will do great!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    As long as you'r honest with what you're eating and track everything you'll do just fine.
    I have several friends who are doing WW points system and those who don't track the true amount of what they eat are the ones complaining they're not losing any weight. Weight and measure everything and be true to yourself when tracking.
    I lose weight on WW even without exercising.
    I can't say the same thing by using MFP tracking calories alone. For me WW is the answer. It forces me to choose healthier foods.
    Not all calories are created equal. It does matter what you eat not just the amount of calories which is why I think WW works for me.
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm new too so hopefully it goes well. I downloaded the pro tracker app on my phone for a couple of dollars and it's like ww by tracking points but it's not as expensive
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)
  • llbennett74
    llbennett74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Me too. I tried MPF for months and couldn't lose weight for the life of me. Back to counting points and steadily down each week even if it's in small increments.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    I too just re-joined WW even though I said I would never join it again. I have been with MFP and have been going up and down for almost 4 years. In 2010 I joined WW and used points and was more consistent too but stopped because I did not like the WW community like I liked MFP community. So I tracked on WW and came here for support. I liked the WW program and the face to face accountability and weigh in.

So this time around I am going to track on MFP using 40 calories for each point I get. I like the WW apps too. So I give myself 1960 allowance points which equals 49 allowance points and I don't count my calories for the veggies and fruits that are zero points. My 1st week I lost 2.4 pounds with a bad weekend in eating but so far I am still losing weight and looking for a good 2nd week. At this point any lose is a good lose. My goal it just to lose something every week or even maintain. I know one week is coming where I will gain but if I can help they will few and not the constant rollercoaster I have been on.

I feel I can't lose with the support here and WW face to face support and plus I am doing it with co-workers too!! A win win. I feel MFP data base for foods wins hands down compared to WW. The last time I was on WW I kept coming to MFP to figure out my points. If I stop losing weight with this formula than I will track with WW but until then I am going to use MFP.

Below are some threads that may interest you......

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/822197-how-to-track-weight-watchers-points-on-mfp

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/607834-how-does-weight-watcher-points-convert-into-calories
  • Caramalhoney
    Options
    Welcome!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • bobbi29
    bobbi29 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Me too. I tried MPF for months and couldn't lose weight for the life of me. Back to counting points and steadily down each week even if it's in small increments.

I love MPF but wasn''t losing either so I thought I would try WW and see how that works for me.
  • jennscot
    jennscot Posts: 3
    Options
    I once held the great title of Life Time WW member and then a bad year put 10 lbs back on. Getting back on track with meetings, tracking, and activity. I had the active link and lost it. Instead of replacing it I thought I would give Fitbit a try since it tracks so much more. I would love to get a network together for motivation. Add me as a friend so we can motivate each other!