Negative calorie adjustment t?

Options
Rage_Phish
Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
Do you use the negatIve calorie adjustment feature? Why or why not?

I havnt been using it but wondering if I should be

Thanks!

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Yes! If you don't have negative calorie adjustments enabled and you've set your activity level too high, then you aren't eating at a deficit.
  • samej57
    samej57 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I personally don't use negative adjustment, My caloric intake goal is already below what fitness pal recommends and if they are negatively adjusted it just reduces intake even more. As editorgrrl mentioned most people over estimate their activity level. and even with negative adjustments enabled you could still not be eating at a deficit
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I personally don't use negative adjustment, My caloric intake goal is already below what fitness pal recommends and if they are negatively adjusted it just reduces intake even more.
    Just to clarify: negative calorie adjustments never go below 1,200 calories.

Also, your UP burn is your TDEE. If you eat at a reasonable deficit from TDEE, you will lose weight. The goal is to find the maximum number of calories at which you lose weight, not the minimum.
  • timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I use it, though I find it frustrating that even on my more active days I am running a deficit for most of the day. It helps a lot with planning my evenings. It's even motivated me to skip something for dinner or run around my apartment like a maniac a few times.