Welcome to the Challenge!!!

Options
Modellabell
Modellabell Posts: 448 Member
Hello and welcome!

So happy you have joined (or rejoined:) the group :drinker:

This will be a 12 week challenge with weekly weigh-ins. Members will be divided into color coded teams. The top three teams and individuals with the highest % of weight loss win! Additionally, the top three individuals who lose the most weight in the week will also receive kudos! TEAM LEADERS NEEDED!!!

Here are the rules:

Weigh in every Friday by 11:59 PM EST by logging your weight on the Google spreadsheet posted. The spreadsheet will be locked after 12 AM and you will no longer be able to enter your weight. If you made a typo please PM me to correct. I will post the percentages and the weekly winners on Saturday morning.

People who miss 2 weigh ins in a row will be dropped. If you cannot access the spreadsheet for any reason, please either PM me or your team leader to enter your weight for you.

Best wishes to you and your teams as we embark on this 12 week journey. The team spread sheet will be posted by 4/2/2014 and the challenge will begin on 4/4/2014.

Let the Spring Fling begin :glasses:

Replies

• crazylyn4
    crazylyn4 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I've never done any of these challenges in the past, so I am a newbie in that respect. I am psyched for this added motivation!
    How are teams and team leaders decided?
    --Lyn
  • JERubin1
    JERubin1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi!!
    I am also new , I have never been on any of the other challenges ether, and I am with crazylyn4 how are the teams and team leaders decided? and what is the job of a team leader? do they set up the work out and eating challenges for the group or something?
  • discoveredamber
    discoveredamber Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Hello I am new to and also interested in info
  • fallond83
    fallond83 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Love these challenges they keep me motivated :) !!!
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    Im in. New to this challenge but excited to start
  • caroljayne
    caroljayne Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'd like to join you in this challenge as well :) x
  • SuperHeather1
    SuperHeather1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Would love to join !!!
  • Modellabell
    Options
    Hey!
    I've never done any of these challenges in the past, so I am a newbie in that respect. I am psyched for this added motivation!
    How are teams and team leaders decided?
    --Lyn

Hello Lyn and welcome to the challenge. The teams are decided sort of at random and sort of already:smile: There are a large number of members who will be starting from a challenge that is currently running and has run since last summer. As members level the group, new members will be back filled into open spots on teams.

If you would like to be a team leader, please let me know. We can also start a new team on the list if there are at least 8 or more members. Just send me a PM and I can incorporate that into the next round on our tracking sheet.

Again, welcome and thanks for joining the challenge!
  • Modellabell
    Options
    Hi!!
    I am also new , I have never been on any of the other challenges ether, and I am with crazylyn4 how are the teams and team leaders decided? and what is the job of a team leader? do they set up the work out and eating challenges for the group or something?

This is a good question! There are teams coming into the challenge that have been set up from challenges past. However, if you would like to set up a team of friends that can certainly be accomplished too. Just PM the names and we can put together a team.

The leader is responsible really for keeping the positive energy flowing on the team, providing encouragement, being a point of contact if someone can't fill in the spread sheet and if the team selects, they can set up min-challenges to keep the group inspired. This form can be used for the team to connect or the team leader can set up a separate group page for the team members to engage on. It is up to the team leader. Each member should have their workout routine and diet set as the TLs are there to provide support and keep their team members inspired during the challenge. We want everyone to be safe and do what is in their capacity to do in terms of the challenge. Work hard and challenge your self but not unsafely or at the risk of harming health.

Let me know if this helps.
  • Modellabell
    Options
    Hello I am new to and also interested in info

Cool! Welcome to the challenge. We will be getting started this challenge on 4/4/14. On 4/2/14, there will be a spread sheet posted with the teams. On the sheet, you will be able to put your goal weight (where you want to be at the end of the 12 weeks) and your starting weight. The challenge will run from Friday to Friday with the results tabulated on Saturday morning.

There is currently a challenge going on right now that will end at the end of March. Hold tight, more information will be coming out soon!
  • Modellabell
    Options
    Love these challenges they keep me motivated :) !!!

Yes, me too!. These have been great for me since starting MFP. Welcome back:)
  • Modellabell
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'd like to join you in this challenge as well :) x

Hello and Welcome!
  • Modellabell
    Options
    Would love to join !!!

Great! Welcome aboard!
  • 40DayFit
    40DayFit Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Another newcomer; looking forward to the Spring Fling Challenge!
  • Polygontus
    Polygontus Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'll be joining this. :)
    It seems like a lot of fun.
    Lol I'm probably not going to lose any weight whatsoever throughout the 12 weeks.
  • santiagoivonne22
    santiagoivonne22 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I am also new. i am looking forward to this challenge. I am here for help and support if anyone should choose to reach out to me. If anyone would like please friend me so we can stay connected. Good luck to you all and i look forward to seeing all the changes you make during this challenge.

^_^
  • BelliDancer
    BelliDancer Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi there everybody. I'm Elizabeth, 38 years old. I've been on MFP for a few years and (after an initial weight loss, which I didn't log), I have been dancing around the same weight for so long. I lose, I gain it back, I lose, I gain it back. But I am a really competitive person, so I hope the team challenge aspect and the support will help me get closer to my goals. I think this might just be a lot more fun with some company, too, so I'm excited for this challenge. I live in the southern hempisphere, though, so for me this is a Fall Fling Challenge.
  • CountryCutie87
    CountryCutie87 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to being on the team! I am also willing to be a leader if you need one still. My name is Niki. I am 26 years old. I have been on MFP for quite some time on and off. I am finally ready to lose the weight and keep it off and looking forward to this challenge helping me do it!
  • CStellaGo
    CStellaGo Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Let's do this!
  • robbielover2
    Options
    Hello
    I'm new to this too but would like to give it a go :-)