Week 1 March 5th-11th

Options
DragonflyF15
DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
First week will probably be the hardest, getting out of old habits. How are you doing?

Replies

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    This came right on time. I was telling atsteele (MFP friend) that I was giving up wine and all alcoholic beverages for Lent. I never participate in Lent but my son recently rededicated his life to Christ and I thought that this would be a good time to give it a try,. Thanks
  • onematch
    onematch Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Perfect timing for this group. Finished up a box of wine Monday night, so making a fresh start this week. I truly believe giving up the booze will give a swift kick in the rear to my weight loss efforts. Good luck to us all!
  • DragonflyF15
    Options
    Welcome to Day 1! For some who partied it up last evening for Fat Tuesday, it's probably easy to say never again this morning :)
    Stocked up on my Fre wines and non-alcoholic beers for the special events at home. I've done these challenges a few times now, and I have to say, it really is nice waking up the following day without the head in a fog. Here is some sobering reality of how many calories are in some of those drinks: http://www.barnonedrinks.com/tips/reference/calorie_counter.html That's per ounce, without mixers added in! Or the poor food choices that often go in hand with drinking. Or if you over indulge in drinks, the lack of activity the next day (maybe days for those of us older who don't bounce back like we used to! lol!) Let that be a motivator to get through this week :)
  • twentyxthree
    Options
    Hey! Thanks for the add Dragonfly! I will join in on this challenge. I do have to say that I will probably drink one or two days out of the next month or so. My husband and I have plans so I do not want to be "left out."

Good luck everyone!

18130119.png
  • dbanks80
    Options
    I am really going to have to stay strong. March 20th is my bday and I am really contemplating if I should have a drink or not. My mind says NO but my flesh is saying "Girl its ur bday!! Just get back on track the day after!!! " What to do!!!!
  • DragonflyF15
    Options
    Again, it's up to you if you want to go the full 46 days of Lent Season from Ash Wednesday-Good Friday. The goal I had in mind to shoot for is 40 days of these 46. Anything above that is bonus :)
  • dbanks80
    Options
    My true test is if i can make it this weekend. Going out with friends tomorrow and Saturday.!!!
  • DragonflyF15
    Options
    First weekend coming up! Do you have a strategy if you are going to be out with temptations? Be strong! :)
  • DragonflyF15
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, how many of you are doing this for religious reasons?
    for other reasons? Plan to go the whole 46 days? Plan to go for 40 days with one day off for 2 drinks?
  • mandydaws
    mandydaws Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi thanks for the add I am doing this for religious reasons also giving up red meat and will be for the full 46 days of lent gd luck every one Xx
  • hollykirsten
    hollykirsten Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This weekend will be my first big test! I can already taste a nice cold beer on my lips... I CAN DO THIS!!!!
  • DragonflyF15
    Options
    Try O'douls, Amber O'douls or some bars carry Kaliber, put out by Guiness. Most non alcoholic beers run about 55-75 calories per bottle.