I'm new! I want supportive vegan friends :)

Options
Hi I'm new here.
Been vegan for about 6 months. Would love some new supportive friends. Please add me.
My profile photo isn't me. Just would like to look like that one day ;)

I became vegan for ethical/ moral reasons, then I very soon after changing my eating and thoughts discovered the health benefits.
I feel very good eating and living cruelty free, meat free, egg free, dairy free.
The first 10 pounds came off effortlessly. All I did was cut out animal products. Still would like to lose a bit more weight. Maybe 20 pounds.

I love to cook, and love food. I have tons of great recipes and ideas.

(Earthlings, Vegucated, The Ghosts in our Machine, Gary Yourofsky: The Best Speech your will ever hear, the book: The China Study, Speciesism, Steve-O's video: What Came Before, If Slaughterhouses had Glass Walls, Forks over Knives, Plant-based Dietitian, etc, etc,)

Cheers to veganism !
Vegan is LOVE
:)

Replies

• PinkNinjaKitty
    PinkNinjaKitty Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    addd meeeeeee :-) I have been trying to transition into vegan and I need recipes. I am about 90% vegan. when i "slip up" it is generally something chocolate or sweets. I don't eat meat/dairy I just need recipes cause I am getting bored
  • lumiereducoeur
    lumiereducoeur Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Please add me too! :-) it`s always great to meet new vegans, and if we can help each other out along the way, you betcha I'm down! I've been vegan for about... 7 years (barring about half a year when I was living in the middle of nowhere in Western Africa and eating vegetarian was already tough!!)

I love to cook too - would love to hear what both of your favourite recipes are, etc. :)
  • klappeh
    klappeh Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Anyone who wants to can add me too :) I'm also looking for more vegan friends on here. Cheers!
  • kitsune1989
    kitsune1989 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I also love to cook! Haven't been as much lately because I have a newborn. :( Need to get back at it though because quick meals for me usually have waaaay too much sodium!
  • flashbacks
    flashbacks Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You all can feel free to have me.

It's always great to have vegan mfp friends. :D
  • Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new, too. My doctor recommended the vegan lifestyle to me months ago because I have some chronic conditions associated with inflammation. I never could find the right time to make the change until last week when I was so sick for 36 hours that I couldn't keep anything down. After that, I felt that my system was all cleaned out and ready for a change.

I'm very excited. I was getting bored with the same-ol' meals all the time. Now I'm forced to find new ones.

I'm on my own. The rest of my family here are not interested in being vegan.
  • TwiistedTwiin
    TwiistedTwiin Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Vegan here if you want to add me
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like! I'm vegan and my diary is open.
  • JackiePenner
    JackiePenner Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Would love to add you to my friends too! Also newly vegan and loving it!
  • phillips529
    phillips529 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi! Yes feel free to add me. I too am looking for more vegan friends.
  • health_now
    Options
    feel free to add me too!
  • ashley_m_m
    ashley_m_m Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. Nothing more than a lovely vegan chat!
  • mazmataz
    mazmataz Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Also available for some vegan themed befriending :-) New to the lifestyle (10 days old) - see post in main discussion :-)
  • SushiKite
    SushiKite Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yes please anyone can add me. I need friends too. I love to cook too.
  • jaxranger
    jaxranger Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! New to the group as well and looking to connect with like minded folks on MFP...
  • Lard_Vader
    Lard_Vader Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I don't have any friends either, add me if you want.

I'm a vegan straightedge superhero powered by the darkside.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Yay so many vegans!
  • FrankieTrailBlazer
    FrankieTrailBlazer Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    i am aspiring vegan.... a whole foods plant-based vegan...

I consume over 1 kilo fresh fruit every day and 1-2 kilo's of veggies, and with additional raw vegan protein powder (added only recently) to bump my protein numbers up due to heavy exercise (of varied intensity) routine of 2-4 hours per day avg)... I lost 30 kilos (66 pounds) in about 4 months last year (April-Jul) achieving my target weight, and after have been continuously focusing on creating sustainable healthy nutrition/consumption habits.

Since Aug last year i have further lost 1.5 kilos, -2.3 kilos of fat, +800 grams of muscle with vinyasa yoga being my primary exercise along with hiking, trail running and recently some running. So i have gained lean body mass and shed fat all while eating at a calorie deficit (1200kcals/day... now 1300) and without weight training, which goes against most all of what i have read on MFP...

My recent DeXA scan last week indicates that i have19.6% body fat and BMI 22.8. (This shouldnt be confused with caliper or bioelectrical impedance ("BIA") readings which would be substantially lower (14%?))....

I am not religious about veganism as it is my experience that most people that proselytize dont have a very deep understanding of what they are doing. That goes for most every "sect" on MFP including but not limited to IIFYM and Paleo.

That being said MFP is about self experimentation and learning (through others and of course making mistakes followed by further refinement(s)). Afterall, designing a new satisfying healthy lifestyle for ourselves (with our particular set of circumstances) to take into account nutrition/ethics etc. after decades of poor habits instilled by peers/family/society/country, takes substantial time and effort....

Happy to share...
  • unisheep
    unisheep Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have quite a bit of weight to lose and have been really inspired by the Happy Herbivore cookbooks.

Unisheep/Mooncow
    http://weightlossveganstyle.blogspot.it/
  • halloweenwife_27
    Options
    HI all, I'm new(ish have been here before but never had success) I am adding a bunch of you. Anyone please add me too. I love vegan friends!