weight loss rate slowed. dont know why

Options
ive been under my cal goal set by mfp to lose 2lbs per week practically everyday ive been doing this (41 days today). first month i lost ~18lbs. the past 2 weeks ive only loss 5.6lbs. i know it is still good to be going down but this really has me bummed out. considering i need to lose over 200lbs to be in the "normal" range i figured at least the first 100lbs would come off in 6-7months but at this rate no way, no how.

btw only times i went over the goal limit it was usually by fewer than 100 cal and it has been very rare. only exception was thanksgiving i went over by about 500 cal.

my goal is 2480 and ive been under it numerous times by more than 350 cal.

so is this it? am i not going to lose as much as i expected?

Replies

• Treyj33
    Treyj33 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing fine, keep it up. You need to remember to recalculate how many calories that you need every 10-20 pounds, because as we get lighter our bodies do not need as many calories to fuel them. As for as your desire to lose 100 pounds in 6-7 months, it seems overly ambitious. If you lose 2 pounds a week for 26 weeks (about 6 months), you are only talking about 52 pounds.

This is not a race. Every pound loss, means a healthier you that is learning how to eat better.

Good luck and keep it up...
  • hifiguy36
    Options

This is not a race. Every pound loss, means a healthier you that is learning how to eat better.

Can't agree with that more.
    I read the /r/keto subreddit on reddit.com often. There's a saying there that I've adopted KCKO, Keep calm and keto on. You've been doing great so far, keep up the good work.
  • malimisko
    malimisko Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    5.6 lb in 2 weeks is not bad but if you want it faster you can do it. First two weeks you drop lots of water weight, after that it is normal to slow once you just start burning fat. When I slowed down I did intermittent fasting - was dropping 1lb a day - see leangains website has lots of details about it. Also look 'Training the Obese Beginner' articles by Lyle on bodyrecomposition website for exercise examples. Don't give up - it's hard first month or two, after that you get used to eating less.
  • OregonPete
    OregonPete Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Also try to add some variation to the exercise you do. As it starts to feel easier, it is because it is. Mix it up.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    Have you updated your calorie requirements with your weight loss? If 2480 Calories was your allotment when you started, it should be lower now since you've lost about 24 pounds.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Post is 2 years old and the OP hasn't logged on to MFP in nearly that same amount of time.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »
    Post is 2 years old and the OP hasn't logged on to MFP in nearly that same amount of time.

Those seem like trivial details