still active?

Options
zingeber
zingeber Posts: 124 Member
Hello all - Just checking to see if this group is still going, as there wasn't much activity on the discussion boards. I am thinking of joining the USAF to help pay for school, but need to lose maybe 25 lbs or so to join (still working out the details). It would be great to hear from anyone still around in the group with similar goals!
Katie

Replies

• daniellesease
    daniellesease Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie!
    Not many people are active on these sites anymore. Not sure if everyone, or the majority, have already hit their goal and joined. I'm still in the process of losing the weight to join the Navy. I have a bachelors degree, so I'm trying to earn a commission. I was hoping to drop the weight in time to join the Air Force, but I passed the age cutoff. :(
    But anyways, if you would like, you can add me on here as a friend and we can help each other. :)
  • kingjoker32
    kingjoker32 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sup Yalls, Im still in the process of losing weight, I have to lose at least 30-40 lbs and lose atleast 5-7 inches off my waist, im goin in by tape
  • zingeber
    zingeber Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    glad there are still a few out there! :-)
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I just joined this group. My goal is to lose 90 lbs in just over a year. It's a lot of weight but it's just under 2 lbs a week. If I can't do it in a year, then I'll take a little longer to reach my goal. I want to enlist as a commissioned officer. By that time I will have my Masters in Social Work.
  • daniellesease
    daniellesease Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group kingjoker32 and icerose137.
    I wish you luck in your journeys. It's been a long road for me, but I'm determined to join the military. I, too, am looking to earn a commission as an officer. I have a bachelor of science in business management with a concentration in accounting. I am a member of delta mu delta honors society; lambda sigma chapter. I am hoping I can put my education to good use in the navy. I am hoping I have what it takes to be a leader. If that's not the case, I plan on just continuing on by enlisting. I can do whatever I set my mind to.
    We can do this together! We are strong future military personnel. Let's do this!