HVFP

Options
Is this group still active here? I just joined Hudson Valley Fitness Pals yesterday.

I started using a different app called 'Lose It' but ended up uninstalling it because their food database was severely lacking and spent a lot of time searching for and creating foods to log everyday.

I began dieting on January 6th and started eating smaller portions and gave up soda and drank more water.

I joined the gym on January 10th and have been going about 4 times a week on average. I first started with cardio to get my heart moving again and then this past Sunday completed my first week of strength training with weight machines.

On January 1st I weighed in at 221 LBS. and am happy to be down to 208 today. My goal is to lose about 18 more pounds or at least maintain between 190-200 LBS.

I use MyFitnessPal as a tool to just keep my eating habits in check and to remind myself to be conscious of not necessarily what I eat, but how much I eat. Until last month I ate about 3 to 5 thousand calories a day and I was getting extremely uncomfortable. I'm happy that today I can look down and see my feet again.

I'm looking forward to logging in here each day to record my progress or downfalls. The hardest food I am trying to eat less of is pizza.

That's my story for today. I hope you all are well and your fitness regime is going smooth.

Take care.

Jeff

Replies

• jeepie98
    jeepie98 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi Jeff!
    I was wondering the same thing! Let's blame it on the snow! And the foot that we are suppose to get tomorrow :noway:
    Congrats on your fantastic progress..... very impressive! I'm a pizza fanatic too:love: also but once you see and feel how much healthier you are getting it will be easy to say no... or just one slice:blushing:
    Feel free to friend me if you would like some extra support!
    Lora
  • Jeff_Lambert
    Jeff_Lambert Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Jeepie.

I am not looking forward to more snow. I am all set for Spring and hope the temperature rises here within the next couple few weeks. I can't wait for Summer so I have something new to complain about. :laugh:

I like using MFP so far. It's a nice tool for me to use to keep myself in check. I hope your own fitness plan is going well too.

If you see Ma Nature, please tell her I'd like a word with her because this has got to stop. :grumble:

Take care.

Jeff
  • mofiya84
    mofiya84 Posts: 4
    Options
    I live in the hudson valley as well...hoping to find some motivation and maybe an accountability partner? someone who "cares" about fitness as much as i do....cant seem to find that in my circle lol....be gone snow!:sad: :sad:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ltfitz89
    ltfitz89 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I joined this group a few months back and no one seemed to be really active with it but I figured I live in the Hudson valley and other fit conscious people do too so maybe someday this group would get more active. I am crossing my fingers we don't get any more of the white fluffy stuff I've had just about enough it :)