Anyone need a motivation friend?

Options
Stats:
married
full time graduate student/working part-time
no kids (yet)
PCOS/insulin resistant

I have about 50 lbs left to lose! I have fluctuated within about 70 lbs since I was a teenager. I have known about my PCOS since I was 16, but never attributed my weight problems to it. Now that I have educated myself on PCOS, and started learning more about how it is affecting me in many aspects of my life, I finally feel that I have a little bit of power over losing weight. It is going to be a long hard (slow) road, but I have accepted the challenge.

I am looking for some fellow PCOS-sisters who want to motivate each other on this journey.

Best,

Angie

Replies

• leachjg
    leachjg Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent.
  • Gromssis
    Gromssis Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Will send friend request.
  • Gromssis
    Gromssis Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    To Katie in her twenties who is a newlywed... I declined your friend request by mistake, and I am not sure how to connect again. :embarassed: Please resend? Thanks!
  • KatyAverill
    KatyAverill Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hey! No worries-I got your message and added you again :smile:
  • tinapi96
    tinapi96 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I will send you a friend request!
  • jazlaw
    jazlaw Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I added you. Anyone else also looking for motivation friends can add me as well :)
  • babydaisy81
    babydaisy81 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this group!
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'm in grad school too, sometimes find life can be hard and trying at times with having so many different things on my plate and compound that with being obese.
  • Bethie8585
    Options
    Wish I would have saw this thread before I made my original post (helps to read! ha)

I'm new to the board..

STATS:

- 28 years old
    - Engaged (wedding this June)
    - Work full time (desk job)
    - School full time (another desk job ha)
    - Diagnosed w/ PCOS 2 years ago

I would also love any buddy's that want to keep me and be motived :) It's very discouraging this dang PCOS because you work and work and don't see the results others get!

Friend requests welcome! :)
  • blmills5
    blmills5 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am also new to the group. I found out I have pcos in February 2014. It's been a roller coaster. I found out because we've been trying to conceive for 7 months now. I suffered a loss at 5 months pregnant in May of 2013 and was given the go ahead to start trying 3 normal cycles after my loss. My cycles started off normal from 28 - 31 days for 6 months and then they wen't wacky. I also have gained 30 pounds since my loss. I'm really looking for some support and also some pointers on what I can do to help. We decided to put trying to conceive aside for right now and get my health in order.

My stats:

- 31 years old
    - Married
    - work full time
    - No living children (yet)
    - diagnosed a month ago

Definitely in need of some motivational friends!! Feel free to request me! :-)
  • llavelle15
    llavelle15 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello All - New to the group and would love some motivation! I was diagnosed 2 years ago. On top of the PCOS I have chronic migraines and all of the medicines we tried increased my headaches. I welcome any advise!! My overall goal is to lose 90lbs.

Stats:

31yrs old
    Married - 5 yrs this year
    Desk Job
    No children (though would love some)
    PCOS with insulin resistance

Very thankful I came across this group!
  • Laka615
    Laka615 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I would love some motivation friends. :)
  • mtucker823
    mtucker823 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would love some motivation friends! I was recently diagnosed with insulin resistant and dr says I have the classical signs of PCOS. I was put on metformin last month. I just started counting calories and carbs this week! I am ready to get this going! I need to lose about 100 pounds but right now I would love to lose ANYTHING. lol

I will send you a request!
  • mylla013
    mylla013 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Me too! I definitely need some motivation!
  • Nursejess79
    Nursejess79 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Request sent! I definitely need some cheering on! :)
  • mmac0709
    mmac0709 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for some motivation friends too!
    I'm 29, newly married, have 50+ lbs to lose
    PCOS & hypothyroid. Please add me!
  • 103reasons
    103reasons Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    OOh, I would love some motivational friends!! Add me too, please!!!

I'm 34
    Married 10 years
    Diagnosed at 17
    1 son born after 3 rounds of IVF (pcos, polyps, & mfi)
    Stay-at-home Mom in NYC
    I'm trying to lose about 103 pounds, so LOTS of motivation is needed!!

OOH, and I've been doing a paleo/primal lifestyle for about 4 weeks and have only good things to say, so if you're interested in that, look in to it and go for it!!
  • CatShelton
    CatShelton Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    Feel free to add me too....any of you feel free to add me.

Cheryl (or you can call me Cat)
    I am 29
    Diagnosed last year but have known something was wrong for about 4 years.
    insulin resistant
    Trying to loose about 60 lbs. (have lost 10 so far with Low GI and Shakeology)
  • amberrea82
    amberrea82 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Sent the lot of you a FR lol

I was diagnosed with PCOS, IR, endometriosis and cystic hyperplasia 12 years ago. Wow, 12 years. A lot has happened in that time! I'm currently between 50 & 75 lbs away from healthy..depends how I feel when I get to where I'm going. Almost down 100 (SO CLOSE). I am now in the best shape of my adult life and I'm nowhere near done! Recently found out there's a shiny ring in my future so a little extra motivation there!

Anyone feel free to add me - been there, done that, made the friggin t-shirt myself ;)
  • AmazingGracexox
    AmazingGracexox Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey :) I'm new to this forum stuff so forgive my noobiness lol.

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 14 (I'm 22 now) & I've always been big. I recently got married and even though we're not financially stable enough to have children yet, I want to lose weight as I'm petrified of the thought of never having them.

I started taking metformin again in January (500mg twice daily) but I'm still finding it ridiculously hard to shift the weight. I've started going to the gym 4 times a week (Cardio Interval Training & occasional weights) but I'm just not seeing the results I want.

I've tried very low carb diet but I just feel lethargic & find I feel faint whilst working out (this happened a few years ago when I was on a normal diet & taking 6000mg of metformin daily, so I stopped taking it & was fine)

Also, does anyone think that the estimated calories burned are overestimated?

Feel free to add me, I need like minded support :)