Your Progress: Success or Struggles Week 4

Options
Hello challengers:love:

Week 4 starts today and here as always we gonna share our stories and progress :happy:

Good luck to us:flowerforyou:

I hope march will be our moth to melt lbs away:smile:

Hannah:wink:

Replies

• hadirk
    hadirk Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    last week didn't end as I'd like it to, I lost 7 lbs over the past 4 weeks I was hoping they'd be 10 lbs, my eating & exercising weren't the best, But Ill make for it this week :))
  • NickyDiam
    NickyDiam Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Way behind on my goal of 10 lbs per month, but still chugging along, motivated again this morning as all the JUNK I ate this weekend is making me feel really sluggish this morning. Back on the good stuff and hoping to see results this week.
  • NyxPhrixus
    NyxPhrixus Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Everyone has been doing a Great Job!

I'm a bit stuck on what I need to do next. I've cut my calories down to 1,200, low on the carbs, drinking enough water, and getting a great burn! However, I haven't lost any weight (at 173) . :huh: Today I'm going to start doing measurements and hopefully will see some results soon!
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    /2013 - Highest Weight - 238
    1/11/14 - Starting Weight @ MFP - 230
    2/10/14 - Starting Weight for Challenge - 217.5
    2/14/14 - Weight - 213
    2/19/14 - Weight - 211.5
    2/24/14 - Weight - 209
    3/3/14 - Current Weight 207

Total Loss for Challenge 10.5 lbs.
    Total Weight Loss since joining MFP 23 lbs.

Has been some good and some bad this week. I must admit that working out is relieving a lot of the stress I'm under at work. Working out has been really easy most days (Saturday after being busy and busier at work, I used that as my no exercise day). Today though was bad. I was hungry even after eating and working out was a challenge. Just felt like things weren't working right. I finished my workout and I stayed on plan. Had a light dinner so that I had enough calories left if I wanted a snack. I did.

I've added a couple new things this week. I got probiotic capsules. I'm not a huge yogurt fan, but one time when I was doing the activia thing, I did feel better (just seemed to give me an overall feeling of health). So, I got these capsules at CVS. I've been on them 4 days now. Obviously they didn't make me feel better today. Don't know how long it will take.

I also never liked oatmeal and know that it is great for breakfast and filling. I did get some of the Special K Nourish with quinoa (I love quinoa) and I also got vanilla almond milk. I don't like regular milk and was very surprised that I really liked the almond milk. I will use it on my cereal. It is also good because it is shelf stable and I usually fix breakfast when I get to work. My frig is small so I don't have to keep it in there until opened. I only bought 8 oz. size cartons.

I guess I'm on track for the challenge right now, but I know anything can happen when it comes to losing weight. I figure if I keep my fingers crossed it will accomplish two things: 1. Bring me luck, and, 2. I can't pick up food and put it in my mouth with crossed fingers!
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Cweyde: I took a look at your diary. I sure can't figure out where you think you have gone astray. If your diary is accurate, you are staying below your 1200 calories limit everyday. I saw some phenomenal exercise numbers! You are getting close to your goal. Things slow down. Don't blame yourself because you are doing a great job! Maybe your body is just readjusting. Stick with it! You have done exactly what I want to do! I've got a long way to go though and you are almost there!
  • hippiechic2
    hippiechic2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Struggles , still not logging on as much as I should :-( and weight loss is slow... and haven't lost or gained since last weigh in.

Success I have upped my workouts and having a blast at ZUMBA! its always been my favorite.
    next weigh in should be better. I am going to wait until end of next week to weigh in again.

TWL so far since challenge began 3lbs
  • __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    SW - 180.5 lbs (2/10/14)
    CW - 178.0 lbs (3/07/14)
    TWL - 2.5 lbs

One more pound down. Its slow going, but at least in the right direction.
  • NickyDiam
    NickyDiam Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check in to let everyone I'm still in the challenge. Working hard to get back at the weight where I was before a huge diet meltdown last weekend. Fingers crossed that there will be a nice surprise for me on the scale come Monday morning. Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Polygontus
    Polygontus Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    SW: 135 lbs
    CW: 122.4 lbs
    TWL: 12.6 lbs

:3
  • purpleopaz
    purpleopaz Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sw- 209.4- 14 Jan 2014

Weight on 9 Feb - 196

Today's weight ---- 8-march 14---- 187.25

Loss - since 9-feb-14 - 8.75.

I am sticking to 1400 calls- ( mostly I am below this amount) walking a lot- and added some other exercising in resistance bands etc.
    I generally do not eat exersize calories back unless I am really hungry- purchased a fit bit zip- and that does the adjustment for me on mfp .mostly eating clean occasional treat.

Everyone's doing really well keep it up!!!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    SW 224

SW 2/9: 208.8
    CW: 201

Weight loss total for challenge: 7.8lbs

I am now only weighing myself monthly at the gym, but I am still very much on this journey. I am taking my measurements and pictures along the way to monitor my progress.

My biggest struggle is getting in enough protein without eating so many frozen soy products. The sodium content in those are just too high to consume daily.
  • mrsward2010
    mrsward2010 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    So Im not doing great tbh! Ive hit a wall!! Im doing bootcamp 3xtimes a week and running but ive actually gained 2lbs since start of challenge! Im not 209lb. Whats annoying me is that i know ive not eatten the best but you know what sometimes you need a break inorder to focus again on what you want from life.

This month ive spent time with my hubby on a night away. ive been to peoples houses for lunch and enjoyed spending time with my babies but im now at that stage after 4 weeks of being less motivated that i need to get refocused and back on track!

im going to my hubbys grandmas for sunday dinner today so diet is outta window but fresh start tomoro! i was also trying at TDEE Minus 20% so that put me at about 1720 cals so now for next few weeks im gonna try following number of calories that mfp gives me and see if that gives me a kick start. it has me now at 1320 but ill see how i feel on this as its alot lower than usual!

On a positive note ive ran my first 10km in just over 50minutes and ive bought my first pair of size 16 (uk) jeans (they are slightly tight but at least they now fasten!) This is my biggest achievement as at my biggest i was a uk size 26/28!

Ive bought a new vegetarian recipe book so im planning lots of nice meals so hopefully ill get back on track!!!!!! Now im off for a run before i go to grandmas!
  • NyxPhrixus
    Options
    I feel like I'm in the same boat! I have been burning calories like crazy, keeping low carb, and around 1,200 cals a day. Still haven't lost anything except a pound or two that my body keeps fluctuating on. I stepped it up last week and this week burning a bit more than 3,500 cals to see if anything changes.
  • HannahAliHealth
    HannahAliHealth Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Overall I didn't like this week! I wasn't focused on what I put in my mouth or the quality of my exercise!!

I'm heavy and I should lose more weight than what I'm losing but with the messy food intake this is not possible!

Next week is starting, and I'm hoping and going to make it happen!

Good luck to us!
  • HannahAliHealth
    HannahAliHealth Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm in the same boat! I have been burning calories like crazy, keeping low carb, and around 1,200 cals a day. Still haven't lost anything except a pound or two that my body keeps fluctuating on. I stepped it up last week and this week burning a bit more than 3,500 cals to see if anything changes.

Is possible that you are building muscles mass? What about your measurements?
  • NyxPhrixus
    Options
    Just started with measurement last week, but my clothing still fits the same.
  • fishsquishy
    fishsquishy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 4 weeks in and doing pretty good - down 9.5.. Lots of cardio, some weights but unfortunately my shoulder bursitis has flared up. Friend me if you are looking for additional support. I am worried about some upcoming travel and when the kids sports start. The sport practices aren't long enough to get to a gym and I work harder in a group atmosphere than on my own. I'm not really a runner so need to figure out some outdoor workouts that I'll do while they practice soccer and lacrosse that keep my attention. I am looking forward to spring weather, this has been a bad winter in MN, but a good winter to start working out in an indoor gym! Let's do this Challengers!!