Portions

Options
aimeegoudas
aimeegoudas Posts: 26 Member
How do you all handle portion control?

What I used to do (until today) was grocery shop for whole foods, not so ironically AT Whole Foods. Then, I'd eat them and count the calories after, track them, then stop eating when I ran out...or not. Often, on Sundays, I'd organize them into individual servings so they were ready - but I have NO IDEA if I was ever eating the right stuff.

i have just started a new program that uses a combination of containers to help with portion control. First of all, I have never eaten this much food. But it's idiot proof. I can have 3 wines a week. It allows for potato chips or dessert or cheese...there is plenty of vices allowed, in the right portion of course. It's just made me re-think why I wasn't getting results. Can't wait to see how this works.

Here's a calorie-saving tip - just use vinegar instead of salad dressing. You can infuse with herbs for flavor, but no sense wasting calories!

Replies

• Heliconia
    Heliconia Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    What is this new program? Sounds interesting. I never eat anything unless it goes into my log first. I usually plan my day in advance anyways. Mind you I am really not eating a lot of food each day. As I get closer to my goal I will plan to not lose as quickly and therefore be able to eat more each day.