3/7/14: H2O

Water is essential indeed our bodies are made up of anywhere between 51%-75% water! If we don't ingest enough fluid, dehydration can set in quickly. To gauge the importance of water relative to food, consider that severe dehydration can lead to death within a matter of days, whereas we can go for weeks without food.

It's important to realize that we can get our fluid requirements from the food we eat, as well as the fluids we drink. For instance, an orange is 87% water! Good sources of water are:
 Fruits & Vegetables
 Drinks, especially non-caffeinated ones like fruit juice
 And the best source of all… good ol water!

On a scale of 1-10 (1 being poor and 10 being great) how would you rate your overall hydration? What are some things you could do to increase this number? What are some good tips to staying hydrated throughout the day?

Replies

• Well I would rate myself with hydration 10. I dont drink anything else but water. Maybe occasionally juice and milk. But I'm in sports and I excercise everyday so i drink water all the time for those reasons. I dont think i can improve my water drinking i think drinkiing water 24/7 is enough.
  • reyesa29
    reyesa29 Posts: 2
    I think on a scale from 1 through 10 I am a 4. Some tips for staying hydrated would be to drink more water throughout the day. Also to only drink water and nothing else.
  • My hydration would have to be an 8. As soon as I get home I drink about 3 cups of water. To increase this number I could drink water frequently throughout the day. To stay hydrated all day I could carry around a water bottle and drink that instead of buying juice.
  • I would rate myself a 5. To increase the number i can drink more water and less pop and other drinks that aren't as good for me. My tip would be to always have a water bottle with you.
  • I would rate my overall hydration as 10 because I drink water alot I rarely drink juice or pop. I don't think I can raise my number because of how much water I drink. Some tips of staying hydrated is when you feel yourself getting tired of thirsty just grab a cold water bottle and drink it.
  • I would consider my hydration an 8, i rarely drink pop or juice. I drink water throughout the day, and drink tea once in a while. Right after practice I drink about 3 water bottles and have one next to my bed when i go to bed. I could start measuring how many cups of water i drink each day.
  • i say im a 4 i barely drink water
  • syevette
    syevette Posts: 1
    On a scale of 1-10 I think I'd be an 8. My locker is filled with water bottles and I drink water almost every class period. I can improve my number by only drinking water even when I'm not in school.
  • I would rate it at a 10. Through passing periods I most of the time go to the water fountain. I might carrie a bottle of water or gaterade to.
  • zazuetag
    zazuetag Posts: 3
    I would rate my hydration at least an 11. I drink at least 4 water bottles a day, minimum. I have like 5 sitting in my room next to my bed, and when I'm done with one, I move onto the next one. :love: :glasses:
  • I would rate myself a 4 becasue I drink 3 bottles of water throughout the day. To improve this i could replace water with other drinks that I drink. A tip for staying hydrated throughout the day is to carry around a water bottle and refill it when it's empty.
  • Id say a 7 just because i drink more than usual because of the sports i do take more out of me. I can be like yvette and start bringing water bottles with me wherever i go. i can improve my number by when i get thirsty instead of thinking about soda and monsters i can think of water,
  • I would rate my hydration at a 7. I don't usually drink waterI. When I play volleyball I find myself drinking a lot of water. I can better my water intake by eating more fruits and vegetables and drinking more fluids including water every day.
  • In a scale to 1 thorugh 10 I am a 9. I always have carry around a water bottle with me where ever I go. I can improve by replacing soda with water.
  • From 1 to 10 on hydration im a 3. i dont really drink water just juice.
  • I would rate myself a 8. I dont drink as much as i should but i do to the extent. I should really watch more on how much i drink to make sure im consuming whats preferred.
  • i am a 8 or 10 i can improve by drinking more warter:smile::smile: :wink: :laugh: :happy: :tongue: :mad: :angry: :explode: :grumble: :noway: :love: :ohwell: :flowerforyou: :indifferent: :glasses: :embarassed: :frown: :smokin: :devil: :sick: :smooched: :heart: :drinker: :cry: :brokenheart: :sad: :bigsmile: :huh:
  • vannc4
    vannc4 Posts: 3
    :smooched: :heart: :drinker: :sad: :bigsmile: i would say a 7....well i like water. only purified though. all the other waters are nasty. i drink it just to drink it. sometimes my sister drink all my water and im left to drink mik. sink water isnt tasty either:smokin: :devil: . :smile:
  • That's really good! You should continue drinking a lot of water. All that water is probably why youre so pretty.
  • zazuetag
    zazuetag Posts: 3
    You need to drink more water. Water is better than soda, and it can cool you down. Soda makes you more thirsty.
  • wow you really drink a lot of water and that is really really great. GOOD JOB.
  • It's good that you drink alot of water, because when you're in sports it's important to stay hydrated all the time. Also water is the healthiest thing to drink.
  • I like how motivated you are to drinking water. Do you drink water when you're not exercising or involved in sports? Really nice afterall. :smile:
  • yeh, i would rate myself at a ten too. I'm not in a sport but ireally play basketball. usually after I play i drink lots of water. or throw out the school day i try to drink water.
  • yeah drinking water is better. i also need to drink more,.!!!!:frown:
  • good job at drinking water and keep it up. you should drink more things like Gatorade for electrolytes.
  • cup when i wake up , afternoon , and not when i sleep O_O No :laugh: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • Like the idea of improving your water drinking. You should definately do that. Maybe the water can motivate you with going to Upjohn's class everyday hahaha xD
  • I would still rate myself at a 10. Yesterday, I was playing basketball and after that I drank alot of water. To me water could be like life because it is 51-75 0f your body.