New here, question about Slingshot week

Hi everyone! I just joined this group today and this is also my first day on the CTL wya of life. I chose to do the Turbo cycle as I have an extreme amount of weight to lose. My question is, does everyone do the Slinghot week the 4th week? Or only when you start to stall?

Replies

• Deanna_garnermommy
    Deanna_garnermommy Posts: 118 Member
    I have no interest in sling shot week, hahaha.. just doing turbo myself.. I like the carb cycling but i am actually not sure that it's necessary unless you are really at a stall. I would actually just do a couple HC days in a row to shock your system if that happens.. i could not imagine doing HC every day for a week. BUT- i would try it if i was stalled and 2 HC days did not work. Just play it by ear!
  • fluffymama33
    fluffymama33 Posts: 8 Member
    That's kinda what I was thinking too. I would think that it should only be used once you get to a stall. There are a couple things I'm struggling with, but this is only day 2 so I'm pushing on. :)
  • bjmurphy102
    bjmurphy102 Posts: 31 Member
    First of all WELCOME!!! I am just now on my fourth week and chose not to do all HC for this week. Even though last week I didn't lose but actually gained .6 of a pound. I know where the gain came from ( I started a very intense pushup/squat/dip challenge) so I am positive that i will see a dip in the scale this week. I am going to keep doing turbo-2lc,1hc,2lc,2hc-until I see myself completely stall on the scale. I am always looking for friends on here to chat with about this topic if you'd like anyone can send me a friend request! I always tell people do what works for YOU. your the master of your body and know what will help you and hinder you. I personally can't imagine going back to a life where I would eat all HC for 7 days in a row, granted those HC days weren't the good kinds of carbs but still.....Best of luck to you and everyone else out there! WE GOT THIS!!!
  • fluffymama33
    fluffymama33 Posts: 8 Member
    Well, my first 6 days were a success! I am down 10 pounds and 7 inches! Tomorrow is my GF day, so I'm kinda nervous about that!
  • only1bones
    only1bones Posts: 21 Member
    Hi Fluffy,

That is excellent! I'm just starting today but have been doing carb cycling on my own before getting strict about it. I have about 15lbs to lose.