Mocktails

Options
DragonflyF15
DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
Feel free to post alternatives to alcohol beverages!

My favorite go to drink when I'm out at a bar when I'm not drinking is cranberry juice with Sprite and a twist of lime. Nobody asks why I'm not drinking :)

Fre alcohol removed wine is also nice to have with nice meals when you are looking for something dry to compliment without boring water or sweet spritzers. Wine snobs I will warn you, does not taste like regular wines, but as I said a nice alternative with most meals. Can find in regular grocery stores on the bottom shelf next to the Sutter products. 60-70 calories per 8oz.

Most import non-alcoholic beers actually taste like beers I have found. Kaliber from Guiness is my favorite. I don't care for O'douls, but do like Amber O'douls and Miller's Sharp. 55-80 calories a bottle.

Replies

• Marigny23
    Marigny23 Posts: 19
    Options
    I am a huge fan of bahama bob's mixers. They are made with Splenda. My favorite is to mix the sugar free mojito mixer and club soda, with some muddled lime quarters and mint. So refreshing! I can just picture the palm trees now!
  • DragonflyF15
    Options
    Sounds yum :)
  • DragonflyF15
    Options
    Spiced Apple Brandywine

We made a few of these over the winter and they were pretty good for a "night cap".

1 cup spiced apple cider
    1/4 no sugar added red grape juice
    2 teaspoons aged balsamic vinegar
    pinch of ground ginger

Whisk all the ingredients together. I liked it warm so I made it in a small saucepan, poured into 2 snifters and enjoyed the fireplace.